Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by drandiiski, May 20, 2016.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Been playing the closed beta for a while now, pre ordered the full game, can't wait!

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    This^ I want a career mode as big as the one in GT4! Online is not very interesting to me.

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Fixed my youtube links…

And the game is supposed to have a bigger career mode than all of the previous ones, soo ..

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The question is not if it can be done, more so that getting the ok off every car manufacturerar to allow damage on their vehicles is hard enough. Some might allow it others might not. Ferrari for example probably don't want to see a crumpled version of it represented in game. Same goes for other big names.

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    not convinced on the strong online play only. Im more of a career type GT fan with online play. Roll on GT7 or the next instalment with a strong career focus.

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m in the same boat. I love playing in career mode not online but it seems GTS doesn´t have a proper career...
    Not to mention the content is incredibly sparse for a GT, only 170 cards, and many are variations of the same cars, and only 18 tracks...

I´ve been buying GT since the 3rd game but now i´m going to pass it and maybe buy it on a sale if the game develops properly.

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    For those interested there´s going to a demo for GT Sport from 9 to 12 October. We can pre-load the demo in the 7th day.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    :eek: 43 gig demo

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    162 cars in total, which includes multiple versions of the same car. That is a huge let down for me. It was always about collecting cars then tuning for me. I think ill skip it in total.

10. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    They know how to showcase cars. But I only have a PC and Forza 7 won't let me pass the intro screen so if I want a racer, I'm limited to PCars 2 but maybe I'll pass on the sim racing and get The Crew 2 when it comes out...looks more fun anyway.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I feel the same but game looks very good and if the gameplay matches the graphics then this could be something... I´m gonna try the demo to make up my mind.

But the biggest problem for me is how future content is going to be handled because i don´t want to buy the game now and then have to buy DLC to complete the game. Or seeing a GOTY edition with all the DLCs being released an year later...

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I think people going in to this expecting Gran Turismo 7 will be disappointed, Gran Turismo Sports sole focus really is about competing online, it's a spin off from the main series targeting all the players that spent thousands of hours playing online in previous games.

I see it as one big Multiplayer Beta for the inevitable Gran Turismo 7.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Racing online is hit or miss for me. You either get rammed all over the place for the first lap, or pit maneuvered on a straight when in first.

14. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    How come Polygonal didn't import their car models from GT 6 so they could have more cars with far less work? They were equally as well crafted, granted they only had a couple hundred premium models but even if they took the others and added an interior, it would be better than nothing. Though I've seen where they are allegedly selling a 500 car pack separately so maybe that's their plan, strip away cars to make more sales.

Avoiding those is part of the fun and challenge. I always keep an eye on my mirrors, just when they go offset for a pit maneuver, I dart directly in front and hit the brakes or I'll sweep over and hit the brakes to get behind them and pit them or side swipe. I got very good at it, I know in Pcars, I had a lot of people mad on a regular basis.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    There is a four day demo going live today, until 12.10. Can't wait to try it later!

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Playing the demo now

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What are the first impressions of the demo so far?

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I’m enjoying it, done a few races in Arcade Mode and played in some open lobbies online with friends and it was good fun.

19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    My first impressions are following about several aspects of the game:

presentation - slick with some very nice touches like dedicated museums for same brands and a dynamic background that´s always changing and showing different stuff. The only complain is that some menus could load faster.

graphics - the best part of the game by far!!! The cars are simply amazing almost real and the tracks look much better than in previous games with lots of stuff in the sideways. We can also choose different time settings and all of them look great. I always play inside the car without the HUD and depending on the sunlight, the windshield reflects the dashboard! Playing at night is even better.
    For those who like to take pictures, they have the scapes that have all sort of fantastic locations to take great shots.

physics - they are improved over GT6 with the cars having more weight and better weight transfer. Because of that the game is a little harder than GT6 and the breaking points are very important.

sounds - seem improved, more natural and louder and that´s it... But i´m not the best person to evaluate that. And i prefer to listen the game´s soundtrack anyway.

A.I. - seems the same as GT6, the cars just follow a predefined line and that´s it.

online - tried to play online several times and i couldn´t join any game because of some error... Even worse, when the servers are down, we can only play on Arcade, everything else is disabled...

campaign/career - it´s basically composed of tests and missions to improve driving skills and get to know the tracks, no more GT campaign like before... Very angry with this decision!!!

content - very sparse specially if we are talking about a GT game. There are less than 200 cars and lots of them are racing versions of road cars that exist in the game... Some cars have 3 or 4 versions... Not to mention plenty of GT vision cars. The number of tracks are also low and some favourites from previous games have been omitted... Not happy with this.

Conclusion, GT Sport seems to be a great racing game but without some key features that made GT famous and stand apart from the competition like the career mode and lots of cars and tracks to experiment and have fun... I´ll give it a 7 our 8 but with a proper career mode and the content expeted from a GT game it would be easily a 9.

Personally, i´m really on the fence about getting the game.

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I didn't even realize this was primarily an MP game,

[​IMG]