The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    That would be Glenn so I doubt it. That would ruin the cliffhanger if the answer was already known. I'm sticking with Abraham but Eugene is seeming more and more likely. Maybe Negan saw enough of him to really be annoyed by his way of speaking:). It also fits that Negan would be surprised by him taking the first blow so well when he was the most snively one before that. If I was in Negan's place, it would definitely be Eugene.

I haven't read any of the comics and don't intend to. From everything I've heard, the show is telling the story much better.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nah, it's a mixed bag, some things are better in the comics, some are better in the show. The Governor for example is way better in the comics (even more so if you read the books dedicated to him). Also Negan is better, not only his physical presence - he's like a 6'6 anvil jawed meathead but also with a super naughty vocabulary and extremely intelligent at the same time. But I still have faith that JDM will get better with the character, it was a bit of a rush job from what I understood in the finale.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So is it me or has Fear The Walking dead suddenly become quite interesting?

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Been enjoying it from the start tbh pretty bored with the main series and its main characters.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Same here, despite the massive hate wave and overall "consensus" that the show "sucks", I do enjoy it quite a lot. Daniel Salazar is such a bad-ass, I just hope they won't kill him off anytime soon!

Also to note, that it got renewed for a 3rd season like after the first episode of season 2. So despite all the hate, haters ARE watching every episode. :giggle2:

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I did not know season 2 was airing. Thanks :)
    And I think FTWD Season 1 starting up great, then it was slow and then it was good again.
    While completely predictable, I did like it. I hope Season 2 is same.

7. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Except that it hasn;t been predictable, Dougray Scott that's all I am gonna say.

8. hiphi

hiphi Guest

GPU:
    760 nvidia
    i like it

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    So, start over V2 for kirkman, new series, Outcast.

(wasn't sure on starting a new thread, doubt it'll be popular, two seasons at least)

Anyone watched this so far? I'm 3 episodes in and it's certainly interesting, demonic possessions exorcist style with some interesting background music courtesy of atticus & leopold ross (heavily involved in nine inch nails, did the soundtrack to the social network)

10. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So... that was pretty brutal.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yeah this episode was insane!

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Even though I hated the cliffhanger, it was worth it. For me it wasn't so much of a shock factor, since they stuck a lot to the comics. However, I am surprised that they followed that particular gruesome scene in such detail, hell, they even top'ed it.

Also, while JDM's Negan is nowhere near the level of comics Negan when it comes to imposing physique, he did pull a very charismatic, flamboyant, but still insanely brutal Negan. He is by far the best actor in the show right now.

13. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Kind of disgusting - but not as boring as it has been lately.

14. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    After watching the first episode of season 7 I have a weird feeling that It's going to be the last season. It was shockingly brutal and unpredictable.

15. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Unpredictable as stuck a lot to the comics...

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Season 8 has been confirmed for like 2 weeks.

Besides, if you read the comics you would know that there is a LOT more story left (and it's ongoing). They could EASILY do 10+ seasons. :rolleyes:

And you can bet that they will milk The Walking Dead (Fear as well) till the last drop.

17. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    holy god!!

18. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    :stewpid:

If it's still making $$$ it'll still run. The day it isn't profitable to the developers is the day the show gets cancelled. :)

19. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
  20. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Well, I was right in my guess who got the bat. I never suspected the second one though and thought that character would never die. I don't care about the comics since I have never and will never read a single one of them. They have shown a willingness to deviate from the comic since the beginning of the show.

The second death is really all on Darryl.