Riva Tuner Clashing with Kaspersky

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by ee_keat, Nov 1, 2009.

1. ee_keat

ee_keat Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8600M GT
    I just downloaded the latest version of Riva Tuner, after the installation, I tried to run the program, first thing was, there usually pop up a updating database for the driver information(for the first run),during that time, Windows pop up an error and forcing me to close the application(Riva tuner).

So is there any solution??

I'm using Windows 7 Pro, Forceware 195.39, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (Trial Based)

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    its not kaspersky although you have to add it to exclusions, its the driver 195 it also does it with 187.xx

3. ee_keat

ee_keat Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8600M GT
    i still dont get your mean, so i cant use riva tuner to overclock my graphic card?

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    rivatuner doesn't support that driver, im using 187.66 in win7 and they're much better compared to 195.39, but they aren't supported either.

You could try evga precision or msi Afterburner, im using msi atm with these 187.66.

btw, both should work with 195.39 too.

5. franpa

franpa Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyt 760 4GB WForce x3
    Yes, but the version of the Nvidia Display Drivers you are using is not supported. Either downgrade to older drivers, wait for the next version of Rivatuner or use another program like TheHunter suggested.