Pump help!! please

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Sycuss_MoO, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    So i have 3 320 eadiators one is a pretty restrictive radiator a xspc raystorm cpu block and 4 90 fittings and 6 45 fittings and a bitspower multiz z 250 reservoir will be adding two EK gtx 970 blocks. I curremtly am running a second hand swiftech mcp 355 pump with petrastech s pump top but my temps skyrocket and when i did the pump calc with everything added its saying im only fetting about .2 gallons per ...not the 1.0 that was recomeneded.

I do believe theirs isn't a problem with this pump. Just do to the super restrictive radiator and extra large reservoir with a few 45s and 90s

So the question is so i can get to that ideal 1.0gp.. should i get a mcp35x or a d5 varient wanint a speed controlled one. Was looking at the aquacool d5 with pump top or a swiftech mcp35x and use the petrastech s pump top, or the orgional pump top on the mcp35x. Lastly the other option is a swiftech d5/mcp655B with no pump variable.

Last qestion is 1 pump going to be enough?

2. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    Edit i have tryed dif tube layouts no effect

3. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    I have looked at several reviews and they say that the d5 under performs compared to the mcp35x. However, in my previous build with the d5 pump, the d5 how so much flow. The mcp355 i already have, seems to ooze the water out compared to forcing it out. Mind you, my previous d5 loop i only had a single radiator and cpu block with no 90° fittings. But it had over 4 feet of tubing, due to the radiator being externally mounted.

The reason i ask is cuz all the reviews say that the mcp35x pump has superior pressure, but what does it really mean? I need to get one gallon per minute and my mcp355 is struggling with a flow of .2 to .4.

4. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    So i picked up a mcp35x will let you know the results

5. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well for what it's worth in my loop I have x2 EK 480, x1 XSPC 360, x1 XSPC 140 rads, an XSPC CPU block (think it's the same as you), x2 Aqua computer full cover GPU blocks and an EK tube res. All this is being pumped by a D5 at setting 3 as I found no difference in Temp's with it set 5 (max). Have you tried using the D5 on your loop or was that the one that burned as I remember seeing it on someone's build.

6. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    No D5 here, along time ago i did have one. I hope i made the right desision. Megabiv you think this mcp35x will perform well? Or should i return for a variable d5?

7. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    I honestly couldn't say as I've only got experience with the D5 and always read it was a solid pump which is why I got one. Hopefully some of the more veteran water user's can chime in with advice. I will add though that I added the 480 rads recently and I have been toying with the idea of going dual D5's (and acrylic tubing) in the future since I did have some concerns about the size of my loop.

8. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    so i realized something. i was not seeing my pump speed in my bios. I looked at the 3pin fan header the rpm signal blue wire was on the wrong pin. 1st instead of 3rd....must have had happened when i sleeved the cable. LMAO... so....

I get it hooked up and low and behold the pump is only running about 40% 2005rpms..... so now i am thinking for sure i have a bad pump 20 min of googling i decide to look at my molex connector... low and behold i sleeved this too.... get the trend hahahaha... i had the pump set up to use only 5v..... not 7 or the actual required 12v... but less than half. WTF CLEMENTS... "thats my last name" ""military"" :) so i get it to the right TWELVE VOLT power wires.... and start the computer up. 4500ish rpms on the pump Woohoo i hear a gush and a whirl... half of my bitspower multi z 250 reservoir is gone. I panic no leaks and I sigh a big sigh of contempt. My damn loop wasn't even ful i had around easily 400ml of air somewhere in the loop. DAMN...!!! so now get into windows. and idle temps are the same do some benching temps are 5c cooler idle in a very warm room temps in this room are 76f usually temps are 65f.

now to do some testing. God i feel like a noob... Live and learn and off to the microcenter 2 hours away to return the new pump sometime this week.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  9. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Haha, well as stupid as you may feel you finally found the problem and resolved it with no cost. Once your system bleeds the air out you should have much better temps.