Asus Xonar DG

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Mileunder, Dec 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mileunder

Mileunder Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB x2
    Hello, im pretty much set on buying this card already. But anyone here really know how big of a difference the sound would be between it and onboard? i know thats a extremely vague questions but any input would be nice. Thanks.

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Any decent sound card will be better than on board. By decent,I mean $50 and up.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You will notice a difference.

4. Mileunder

Mileunder Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB x2

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The Xonar DG is a very good budget card. its a upgrade from onboard audio, aslong you have decent speakers or decent headphones. Tho it possible to tell on cheap headset, like a friend of mind had when he got his Xonar DG.

6. Mileunder

Mileunder Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB x2
    well right now im using some Sony headphones, some of the best ive ever used. And ive got a logitech 2.1 system.not sure which tbh.
    Honestly im not sure of how much of a difference there will be between onboard and this sound card. My onboard outputs to a full 192 k and actually sounds pretty decent. My motherboard is a M3a770de.

7. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Yeah, your mobo has a Via 8 channel audio on it, with 100db DAC and 90db ADC... The DG will still be marginally better, so you need to decide if it's worth it... Also, with just Logitech speakers, you're not gonna notice hardly any difference.

regards,
    RagDoll.

8. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    When I switched over to Xonar DG from onboard, it was a remarkable difference

9. Mileunder

Mileunder Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB x2
    well i decided to buy the card. My onboard i htink is starting to fail anyways. Im starting to hear alot of static when i plug in headphones. I think its because of the clock I have my cpu at. At 3.5 ghz i never heard this static, and now at 3.6 i do. But who knows there might be some other problem withen my computer.
    Anywho ive been looking for a cheap upgrade for my desktop, and this fits the bill perfectly lol

10. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool, hope it works well for you :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i had audigy 2 value and onboard, audigy 2 is much better than onboard.

Bought xonar DG for 20€ and its even better than audigy (newer too).

SO yeah, its an awesome card for the price, specially if you use headphones (integrated amp)

12. I agree with Black_ice_Spain
    I have a dg too and when i upgraded from onboard the difference was huge for me. Just the audio in general is far clearer and crisper. I started hearing a lot of effects that id never heard before in games and hearing individual instruments in music so much clearer. This was my experience anyway, and for the $40nzd i paid, its an awesome upgrade. Now i have sennheiser hd485s and ive gotta say dolby heaphone is great for pinpointing enemies in fps games and enhances the atmosphere drastically for me. i had never seen the point in getting a soundcard before....now ill never go back to onboard. Highly recommended for a upgrade on a budget :)

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Alright, another new Xonar DG user here. =)
    This might be a stupid question, but since the manual doesn't explain much except what the button does...

...how do you know GX mode is turned on in the Audio Center?
    Is it when the GX button lit up or not?
    Because the Hi-Fi mode is strangely activated when the HF button is dimmed.

...damn I feel stupid asking that, but there you go. :p

14. Mileunder

Mileunder Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB x2
    I feel like a got a pretty good deal on it. I was able to get the DG for 17 bucks. im hoping it sounds alot clearer than onboard. I like to listen to music on my desktop.

15. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Nice one :)

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Umm...guys?
    Help?
    Please?
    With (imaginary) Playboy on top?

17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    When the GX button is green then its on same with the other buttons.

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    It's just weird that the enabled state is when the text is dimmed, because at either states the button's color scheme remains green.

19. Mileunder

Mileunder Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB x2
    Well i just got the Xonar DG in today and right off the bat, you cant tell the difference. BUT when you work with the settings a little, the difference is big. On my onboard all the sounds blended together so you couldnt really tell when one instrument starts and another stops. But with this card its perfect. The bass is also much better. It used to be over powered and drown out everything else. I had to lower it so it would sound right. But now with this card it adjusts the bass to about the right level. it also helped with the static problem. It didnt fix the front panel though, it still has static. I guess the cord isnt shielded well. i dunno. If anyone is on the fence about getting a DG i suggest you go ahead and purchase it. You will be happy that you did . :nerd: