xbox Scorpio specs

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by stevevnicks, Apr 6, 2017.

1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
  2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Nice specs, zero interesting exclusives, not worth owning for me.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It will push the 4K titles for PC gaming. Or at least help with more releases.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    PS4 Pro is a fantactic bit of kit, unfortunatly for me i have so much content on the Ps3/xbox 360 i simply could not just drop them and start again, only reason i got the Xb1 was BC and Forza, Halo and Gears, and the few others like crackdown, but i would have loved to play UC4, i had a ps4 and was enjoying the Uncharted remaster, damn that was a fine job they did, but alas time and money these days means i can only pick one, so i simply went for the one that was more cost effective all round for me personally, and that was the XB1, and it was a hard choice believe you me.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Same, i got the base PS4 though just for the mean time till i get a new PC together.
    Will take some time, but i can play at least anything on the PS4 and minor low spec MMO's on my laptop.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    When every xbox one exclusive game now Comes to PC, I see no point in buying this IMO.

A new PC will be my next purchase.

7. easy2007

easy2007 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    So I noticed that the scorpio has 40 compute units for its GPU which will lead to 2560 stream processors. The PS4 pro has 36 compute units leading to 2304 stream processors which is the same number in the supposable top end polaris GPU the RX480 is it possible that the RX480 isn't the full configuration of the core if so will we ever see the a polaris GPU with the full 40 compute units?

8. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    Not to sure? I think it maybe custom just for Xbox ? Although interesting thought.

I still have my ps3, sold my ps4 got the pro and an lg 4k hdr TV, gave away my Xbox 360 and 27 games on disk, sold my Xbox one because I knew I would be getting the Scorpio at some point.

All in all I know high end pc has more power although I dont really notice that much of a difference and for the money you get a complete system not just high end gfx card.

Consoles are more less close as playing on PC these days an if you buy used disks games are cheap and don't take long to get a large collection plus the good savings on ps+

Hate to admit it but console has now become my personal preference for gaming platform although each to their own.

9. TaurusManUK

TaurusManUK Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    I think its non-sense to ask for exclusives for consoles. Only companies win and we as gamers lose as not all can play that fantastic game. It THEIR way of dividing us consumers so that can sell more consoles.

Please get your senses around and stop asking companies for exclusives.

Personally I'll get scorpio when it arrives this year as PS5 is a couple of years away, possibly. And once it will arrive, all my existing PS4 games will be thrown in the bin (or unusable if bought digitally). With MS at least they confirmed that older games will be supported.

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    As long as they keep bringing first party titles to PC, I have no reason to purchase an Xbox One or a Scorpio.

11. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Yep. They are businesses, and they are in business to make money, so they're going to try to do that.

If not for exclusives, why would you buy a console if you already own a gaming PC? And if you buy a console to get the exclusive games, don't you hope they make some good games?

Given both companies have moved to x86, there's no reason to think the existing games won't work on the next generation of hardware. Backwards compatibility should be a given at this point. If it's not, someone has messed up pretty bad.

The only real question is are they adopting the phone/tablet model where we will get forward compatibility? Will the next PlayStation console have games that don't run on the PS4, like a traditional console life cycle, or will the games play at a reduced graphical fidelity,like PC games? That would be the real game-changer. Sony has been trying to head in this direction with their cross-buy strategy.