Geforce4 to Quadro4..worth it?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by oXyg3n, Jun 20, 2003.

1. oXyg3n

oXyg3n Guest

I was wondering if it would be worth converting my Geforce4 MX440 to a Quadro4 with the nvstrap driver but I dunno if its worth it.

Im a gamer myself and dont really use the gfx card for anything else, is the capabilities of a quadro 4 better for gaming? Im just not sure. I feel that after tweakin my gfx card with riva tuner and some other bits and bobs im not getting much of a performance boost. It would be good, considering i have an old and rather slowish system as you can see my specs.

Feedback would b nice, thx.

2. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

It won't be of any benefit if you only use your card for gaming, and no, it won't increase your performance in games.

3. oXyg3n

oXyg3n Guest

ok thank you, do you knownby any chance any power using settings i can change that could increase performance of the graphics card? ive tweaked my settings as far as they cud go imo but not done anything in the power user settings, i really need the performance boost considering i usually try to push my gfx card ingame to the limit so that my gfx aint so bad but i get a good framerate. your feedback agen would b apreciative

4. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

If you're looking to keep it simple, use the presets contained in Riva..

Open power user> click matched det database (not necessary if the right det version is displayed)> Merge preset> presets> nvidia> Your OS> Then just choose what you want.. Quality or performance..

If you screw something up, no big deal..
    You can reset the drivers to default easily.
    On the front page or RT, click the bottom flyout tab, if you clicked the right one, you'll see 7 options, it's last one on the right. :)

5. oXyg3n

oXyg3n Guest

right well i did that for both opengl and direct3d and i just get some sort of warning or error saying that 33 of 33 preset values have been ignored because they have not been found in the database, could this be because i have 44.03 dets installed? if so when is the next release candidate due to b released?

6. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    1. You guessed right.
    2. That's a secret. And Alexey will only tell you if he kills you first, so I'd say to not ask him in the first place ;)
    3. if you don't use cad apps DON'T convert it. It will DECREASE performance in games.
    4. I'd keep settings on quality but I'd make sure to disable AA and Aniso settings, in order to get good IQ and 95% of performance.

7. oXyg3n

oXyg3n Guest

but that means i get a performance decrease not an increase because mim making things look sharper and nicer, i want a balance between gfx and framerate..because i dont wanna get bad framerates but at the same time i dont want my gfx to look like a cat had sicked on it if u get what i mean?

If there are anymore power setting values i copuld change to increase performance then posting them here would be great because im struggling atm to keep everything at an even, all settings i can now change can b of a help, ive already done the standard settings its just power user settings now that i havent touched :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2003
  8. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    You won't find what you search in power user.
    mipmap=0
    aa=0
    aniso=0
    that the default.
    if you increase the lod you will get serious decreased IQ(image quality) but only 1-2% frame increase.