Suck at Gaming

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by manic23, Feb 11, 2013.

1. manic23

manic23 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080
    Can someone please explain to me how I can suck so very very hard at something I enjoy so much? Seriously, if any of you saw me playing games you would laugh your heads off, I am literally so s**t at games that it's not funny!

2. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Awesome! Honestly, the activities that I enjoy most are things that I am terrible at. I love the improvement process. Whenever I am bad at a game, I end up playing it almost non-stop until I improve. It sounds like you get to enjoy all of gaming :D I'm jealous!

3. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Just blame it on lag.

4. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Are you asking for advice?

5. manic23

manic23 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080
    I guess I might be asking for advice, how to I improve when I keep making the same errors again and again, i.e. I mainly play driving games, Dirt 3, Grid, Shift 2 etc and I make the same mistakes over and over, always crash at the same corner etc, i dont seem to be able to learn from my mistakes, maybe it's my age, I'm 43, yer that's it, it's my age!! lol

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    This is it. By the way, who cares how good you are at games as long as you enjoy the process. Keep enjoying it and be happy that you have this fairly inexpensive hobby that can bring you pleasure. :)

7. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Don't be afraid to let off the throttle or use the brakes.

8. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I've found these driving games give insufficient feedback for proper driving, even with my logitech G25 I can drive faster IRL on a backroad than I can in the game... If you drive a lot IRL, that's probably whats throwing you off.
    Keep on brakes and take it slow... you need to slow down, to go faster. Slow in, fast out.
    Feather the throttle instead of stomping it.

I however, suck at every game genre, from MOBA to MMORPG, FPS or RTS, alas I am terrible at them all!

Even played some of those games for years straight, halo 3, counter strike source, never got better! Keep playing them anyway. Just learned to not be upset when I lose.

Whos up for some Open Arena?

9. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Nice name manic its okay if u suck very very hard at something and enjoy it lol.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nay bother, I suck as well.

11. manic23

manic23 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080
    Thank you for your encouraging words and advise, I do actually try to go slower and go off the gas and use the brakes, but if I do that, I come last!! LOL i can't win, I just suck, thats all there is to it, I have to accept it ;)

12. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Remind me to never get into a car with you :p

13. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Losing is better than crashing.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Grid is very tough to master.

Dirt and NFS are alot easier...Use your e-brake into corners and turbo out...

What do you use KB/Mouse or Controller?

15. manic23

manic23 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1080
    I use an Xbox 360 controller

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Maybe you should read a book or something. PC games are evil and they will rot your brain and they will turn you into a usless member of society. And we don't want anymore of those freeloaders hanging around.

17. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I feel like people often approach racing games backwards. Instead of starting fast and learning how to brake, sometimes it's better to start slow and get faster. My approach has always been driving painfully conservatively and after completing a few races without going off track I'll start to give the cars more gas. It may not be your style but learning what it feels like to complete laps perfectly first can make it much easier when you finally start speeding up.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    set max pre-rendered frames in nv control panel to '1', some games have this setting in-game like sniper elite v2 (reduce input lag), it'll be more demanding on your system but not much, it reduces input lag, (1 is the lowest setting).

19. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Well a game is there for entertainment. Whether you play like a pro or a newb, if you enjoy playing it then you are doing it right. As to how to get better at games, I guess you just have to play a lot. Practice makes perfect.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Playing Manic Miner way back in 1983 on the Zx spectrum should make you a force to be reckoned with.

You get slower but you dont lose your timing which is the difference between failure and success in any game.

Im actually a better player today than i have ever been, I play all my games on the hard setting which i find most relatively easy tbh.

Not like days of old anyhow.