Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta 3 + Kombustor 1.06 (2010-4-13)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Hi All

New Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta 3 is released, in next version we will add voltage support into GeForce GTX 470/480. Stay tuned!

Download:http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup160Beta3.rar

[Changelog]

- New MSI On-Screen Display Server v3.7.0 beta 10 with the following improvements:
    - Improved race condition protection system for the systems running multiple
    OSD applications simultaneously (e.g. OSD server, FRAPS and STEAM In-Game
    Chat)
    - Improved floating injection address hooking technology. Due to more advanced
    built-in code analyzer hooks can be injected deeper into 3D application code
    if stealth mode is enabled. These changes improve stealth mode compatibility
    with third party tools using similar stealth injection technologies (e.g.
    FRAPS v2.9.8 and newer)
    - Now stealth mode cannot be toggled during 3D application runtime to reduce
    the risk of crashing 3D application
    - Removed single screen capture per second limitation
    - Updated profiles list
    - Updated Dutch localization

2. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    thanks man,will check it out

3. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Well i loaded the new beta and Kombustor. Both working fine for me and voltage control has always worked for mine. Though i rarely use it, it is nice to know it is there if i do want to use it. I do run EVGA but like the AB setup better i do have over 20 friends using it as well. Must be a good program i guess. :cheers:
    Again don't let others get the goat squaking. Just keep doing what you do man.
    Your work is admired and respected by MANY who use it and do not post in the forums.
    I also use AB on the wifes MSI K9N2 and NX8800GT-T2D512E-OC SLi 's with the heatpipe coolers. Damn fine cards Works fine there as well.

4. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Everything working OK on my rig , nice job like always , thanks!!!

5. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    Just did a clean install but everytime i try to run kombustor with afterburner kombustor crashes (appcrash etqw.exe). But if i just run kombustor, the app does not crash. Weird never had that before.

6. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    Is there a way to have afterburner monitoring temps of CPU, CPU clock, and memory usage? (Intel Q9550, Gigabyte P35 DS4 rev 1.1).
    As I have the data on my G15 display, I would like to have the CPU and RAM info on the same screen also.
    Rivatuner could do this with earlier graphiccards, so maybe Afterburner can do it also?

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, sorry. And there are no plans to move this functionality from RT to Afterburner.

8. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
    same problem to me, kombustor crashing and can't run.

9. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    OK. That's a shame. I'll have to find another monitoring program then.

10. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    Great work on this release. The OSD in DX10.1 and 11 is greatly appreciated. The screenshot capture is also really useful.

Any plans to add in game benchmarking capabilities? I also heard somewhere that their were plans to add in force vsync and triple buffering from d3d overrider into afterburner was this false or scrapped idea?

It's a shame you don't want CPU monitoring in this as it is quite important to a lot of gamers to see in an OSD. Couldn't the OSD be modified to except readings from other software like speedfan or other programs that output their readings?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010

11. JeGX

JeGX Member

GPU:
    GTS 250
    I found the bug: it's related to the etqw profile in Catalyst. Kombustor crashes only when it's renamed in etqw.exe. And when the name is etqw.exe, some OpenGL instructions work differently :bang:
    The fix will be available in the next version.

12. Unwinder

No, there are no such plans.

It is still planned but it won't happend until we define D3DOverrider licensing model with MSI.

It is not a question of simple "you don't want to do it", it is a question of physical human possibilities and a question of free developmnet and support time I CAN invest into Afterburner project. It is not a full time project, I'm not a full time software developer employee and I'm already close to my limits from Afterburner support POV. And I have primary job, family and other obligations per otehr contracts besides Afterburner. Extending Afterburner monitoring area from pure VGA monitoring to a lot of non-VGA sensors will leave me no time for sleeping AT ALL. So forget about it, sorry.

OSD server was initially designed to allow ANY third party software to connect to it and display ANYTHING in OSD. That is why it is called an OSD server, it supports up to 256 independent clients displaying any text info there simultaneously. And it is really easy to support, samples are available in RT's SDK and any tool like Speedfan can add OSD support in less than 1 hour.

13. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Great performance with Kombustor

no AA
    [​IMG]

AA 16x
    [​IMG]
    :banana:

14. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
    Does D3DOverrider depend on RivaTuner? I keep using it by itself and it looks like it works ok.

15. Unwinder

No, it doesn't. It's completely separate and independent application.

16. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
    Then i don't see the problem for a user to just install RT and use D3DO. :nerd: