Fan speed settings won't apply at startup

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by 5431, Oct 14, 2008.

1. 5431

5431 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 (216)
    I'm trying to make the fan on the GTX 260 spin @ 32% RPM below 52 degrees (ie at idle), and at the default automatic fan speeds above 52 degrees. I followed another guide where I made 2 low level fan profiles - for 32% and automatic fan speed - added them to Launcher, and then set the Scheduler to run the 32% profile below 52, and the automatic above 52.

However, these settings don't apply at startup after a restart. I've tried to use the driver-level fan options instead of the low-level fan speeds, and to start Rivatuner at startup, without success. The only way I found to make them work is by using Launcher to start the 32% profile manually, but I want it to do it automatically each Windows startup.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's scheduler understanding issue. You've created two tasks and instructed the scheduler what to do when 52C temperature threshold is being crossed in upward direction (i.e. when scheduler register temperature change from <=52C to >52C) and in downward direction (i.e. when scheduler register temperature change from >=52C to <52C). None of these conditions is true and none of tasks are supposed to be executed when temperature stays inside these ranges, e.g. when you boot the system and temeprature stays below 52C. You should also instruct the scheduler what to do at OS startup (or alternately at RivaTuner startup).

3. 5431

5431 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 (216)
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

I have changed the scheduler to launch fan auto profile at "hardware monitoring range event" range [52c,90c] and 32% at [20c,51c] and also made a new task to launch fan speed 32% at Windows startup. This successfully switched the fan to 32% at startup, but it now doesn't switch to automatic mode at high temperatures.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You've to keep RT residing in memory and keep background hardware monitoring mode enabled to get it working.