Help with water cooling parts?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dub dub, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Dub dub

Dub dub Guest

GPU:
    Galax 980 HOF edition
    Water cooling parts?

Just wanted to know if my parts list would work in my new water cooling build?? I'm new to the whole water cooling custom loops and just want to get this right. I have built several comps but never a custom loop.The whole water loop(idea) kind of scares me but is a must in my new build. So this is my build list witch is not complete because some parts i'm still waiting to come out but u will get the gist.

:Corsair 760t case
    :Galax 980 gtx Hof
    :Msi x99 Krait edition(not released)
    :Intel i7 5820k
    :Samsung 850 pro 512g 3-d vertical(also debating m.2 or pci)
    :Evga 1200w platinum p2
    :G2/P2 White Power Supply (sleeved kit)
    :CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) ddr4 2666
    :eek:ptical drive(un-sure) depends on room left in Case

Water Cooling parts list
    :Ek supremacy Evo full Nickle cpu block(not ordered)
    :Diamond cooling full nickle GPU water block(pre-ordered)
    :pump: EK-D5 PWM + EK-XTOP D5(undecided)
    :Reservoir (undecided)
    :Radiators Alphacool NexXxos ST30 360mm & Alphacool NexXxos Ut60 240mm(undecided)
    :tubing Masterkleer 1/2inch UV white
    :Fittings EK-CSQ Black EKWB - 1/2"ID-3/4"OD (undecided)
    :Coolant (unsure)
    :Rad fans Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (undecided)

I am looking to save money but at the same time get quality parts for my build.. If it comes to spending a $100 dollars on compression fittings so be it.. I'm from Nova Scotia,Canada and majority of parts listed in my selection are from overseas and the cost is quite expensive.. The GBP conversion is 1.81 to the canadian dollar= lots of $$$$.. I'm willing to pay this if that's what it comes to but i'm hoping the guru community can show me some other options.. The only company that has a few options for water cooling based in Canada with decent prices that I could find was http://www.dazmode.com but they only carry mostly bitspower and ek related parts.

The questions I have are: Should I go with thicker rads on the top and front of the case? Will I have enough room in my case with thicker monsta rads with Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance added? Is this enough cooling for cpu and gpu with decent overclock on both?

How much 1/2 inch id tubing should I get? rigid or flex tube? The d5 pump from what i have read is the pump to get but is that enough for my loop even if I add another gpu to the loop later on?

I am looking for black compression fittings that are high quality and black nickle plated that will not brake the bank and if there are local meaning cad/usa that will save me the conversion rate and shipping costs..

All of the parts I have listed above(minus the gpu water block) i'm more then willing to change based on your suggestions and saving some money. If there is anything I might have left out or parts that I'm forgetting please let me know.. I'm a nub when it comes to water cooling and need some help.. Looking forward to hearing from all of you..

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015