Msi afterburner crash After creator update

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Sixtyfps, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    It seems afterburner is causing starcraft 2 to crash in both my win 10 systems. Closing msi afterburner solve the issue but left with no temp monitoring :bang:

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    7.0.0 (Now released to the front page.) while still in beta does have support for Creators (Or RedStone 2) although new versions of Star-Craft 2 can use both 64-bit and DX11 whereas from my understanding the main change was for 64-bit and DX9 but it can't hurt to try I suppose.

3. Tachy.G

Tachy.G New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    To clarify, the problem is not "MSI Afterburner".

The problem is the program "RivaTuner" that automatically gets installed with MSI Afterburner to extend Afterburners capabilities.

You need to manually uninstall your current version of RivaTuner only and install the new version 7 beta.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I keep bundling them together whereas in truth it's two separate pieces of software that can each work as a stand-alone.

For Rivatuner it has that alternate hook mode for 64-bit applications which is what helps with the problems encounters in Win10 RS2 and probably newer too but I haven't tried RS3 yet on the insider branch but it's getting close to RTM it would seem with RS4 development starting to pick up now what with the continuous Windows-as-a-service process.
    (Think it was called TrampolineType=1 in the config file - "Global" - when enabled.)