Solution For CUDA Problem In Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sprocketgearzz, Sep 28, 2014.

1. amir786z

amir786z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 870M
    Need help

Hi there guys i need help with this issue. i tried to copy 32bit file in xilliosoft install folder but it doesnt seem to work. so i copied dll file in SysWOW64 and pasted in the same folder but i didnt copy the dll file in system32 because it was already there. So now the Cuda is active but when i try to convert video to x264 format, gpu doesnt seem to get any load.

and in case of Any video convertor both AMD OpenCL and CUDA is active but when i convert to x264 using cuda the results are real bad and choppy so cuda is not working here too. :(

i have Asus ROG G750JS GTX870M

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9100 250/200MHz
    Aaaaaaaargh! So this is why on my older GTX 660 and Bandicam video encoding by CUDA works, but it won't work on my new GTX 960...!

Thank you very much, nVidia!

...gotta test this...

3. TwinPal

TwinPal Guest

GPU:
    500m
    Help with Corel VideoStudio x7 and nvidia CUDA nvcuvenc

1) Has someone succeeded to enable CUDA (nvcuvenc.dll) in any Corel VideoStudio x7 64-bit or Corel VideoStudio x7 32-bit? I noticed that it isn't possible to run both applications enforcing "run with nvidia processor" in my machine.

2) What converters have been working for you with CUDA (nvcuvenc.dll) after applying the work-around discussed in this topic? Remember that we are not interested in converters that rely exclusively on nvidia nvenc encoding instead of nvcuvenc.

My build: win10 64-bit, geforce 525m, 368.39 nvdia driver, nvcuvenc.dll (64-bit) copied and registered in System32 folder, nvcuvenc.dll (32-bit) copied and registered in sysWOW64 folder.

Procedure: Instead of downloading those dll files,

• I obtained them after installing the 337.88 nvidia driver and copying those dll files from my own system32 and sysWOW64 folders to some work folders (I used 2 separated work folders because both dll's have the same filename, although are different: the first is 64-bit (system32 folder) and the second is 32-bit (sysWOW64 folder), yes, I know, it's weird, it's just the way it is, check that).
    • Then, I installed the latest nvidia driver.
    • Finally, I copied the dll files from my work folders back to the system folders, and run the following commands in the cmd.exe (run as administrator), in order to register those dll files:

pushd c:\windows\system32
    regsvr32 nvcuvenc.dll
    pushd c:\windows\syswow64
    regsvr32 nvcuvenc.dll

There should not be any errors while registering those dll's. If there are errors, it's because you tried to register a 32-bit dll in the system32 folder and/or a 64-bit dll in the sysWOW64 folder. WRONG, it's the other way.

Please, read
    before replying me that this is a mistake.

MY RESULTS:

The nvcuvenc workaround works while using Xilisoft Video Converter (detects CUDA capability and converts using nvidia GPU without issue if enforcing "run with nvidia processor"),

and it doesn't work while using Movavi Video Converter (it detects CUDA capability but crashes when clicking on convert button),

and it doesn't work with both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Corel VideoStudio x7 (it doesn't detect any CUDA capability and converts using CPU and Intel GPU, no nvidia GPU utilization). I tried to copy, paste and register the 64-bit nvcuvenc.dll in the same folder as the 64-bit corel videostudio x7 executable is (Program Files folder) without success. I also tried to copy, paste and register the 32-bit nvcuvenc.dll in the same folder as the 32-bit corel videostudio x7 executable is (Program Files (x86) folder) without success.

I would appreciate answers for 1) and 2).

4. kata40

kata40 Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx 770
    same do with winavi and freemake