Anyone Succesfully Using NVELO Dataplex SSD Cache HDD & NForce Chipset?

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by -=Seany=-, Sep 3, 2012.

1. -=Seany=-

-=Seany=- Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    I am still on a XFX 780i (nforce chipset) motherboard and was all set to get one of the current SSD Cache Drives. I had decided on the OCZ Synapse 64gb as that looked the best performance from reviews.

I did a lot of reading up about it and ordered one. Then, afterwards, I was looking on OCZ's web site and noticed this little bit at the bottom of the page:

"Important Note: A working internet connection is required for using the cachine software feature of this product. Dataplex does not currently support NVIDIA chipsets."

OCZ doesn't mention this anywhere else, not even in their FAQ. Crucial and Corsair, who both use the same software for their Cache drives, make no mention of this incompatibility on their sites either. And NVELO's site doesn't say much of anything.

None of the reviews I read about any of these Cache drives mentioned the problem either. But, in fairness I guess the Nforce chipset is getting old now so maybe they just where not using any in their test rigs.

So...has anyone successfully used one of these Cache drives with NForce Chipset?