Dragon Ball Super

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by vbetts, Apr 28, 2015.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  2. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Mine too!

So fun to see that DragonBall is coming back to it's roots again. =-)

3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Well then .. As long as the actual creator is involved, can't really have an issue with it. And Dragon Ball Xenoverse actually made me full of nostalgia and reminded me why I loved the show as a kid.

Cheers for the news, would probably have gone under my radar as I don't watch anime.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Wtf new DB coming out? o,O Cool. lol :D

5. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    So this won't involve SSJ Gods? Both Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F are also canon.

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I've seen both ways, saying it takes place after Boo but I've also seen it takes place after RNF.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I just hope it does not go after GT and thereafter, but keeps more to (the later episodes of) Dragonball / Dragonball Z.

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    It could be taking place between the Buu saga and Battle of Gods. Wasn't there a few years time span between DBZ and BoG? Time will tell.

Can't wait for more Dragonball in 1080p and finally proper widescreen. :banana:

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I Hope its good..

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC

11. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    We are talking Dragonball here, it deserves its own thread. ;):banana:

I don't know about a manga, but it might be released prior to the series debut. The same was done before Resurrection of F, there's a manga as well. Also, Akira Toriyama is doing the new series so I'm pretty much hyped.

12. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Agreed! I absolutely loved DBZ, especially the Frieza saga, but GT? GT was just a very poor effort, there were some episodes I couldn't bare to watch, it was just cringe.

I re-watched DBZ in 1080p a couple months back, absolutely fantastic.

Can't wait for Super.

EDIT: http://www.toei-animation.com/en/content/new_dragon_ball_super

"Direct sequel to Dragon Ball Z, the series will bring together all the characters and tell their adventures after Son Goku’s fierce battle against Majin Buu."

**** yeahhh!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Just giving vbetts a hard time.

More proper Dragonball is never a bad thing. Battle of the Gods was epic I need to see resurrection f.

airbud7 likes this.
  14. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Well you did and now I'm crying! Boohoo!

On a serious note, RNF has a synopsis posted on kanzenshuu and SaiyanIsland. I've at least seen enough clips and pictures to put it together too, but I do really want to see it. :D

airbud7 likes this.
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I as mcuh as i love dbz. This going be **** like all of todays reboots of my childhood cartoons. DbGt and Battle of the gods was utter rubbsh and so was that xenoverse.

This going to have no character and none of the charm that made dbz so great. this will be watered down trash for a soft generation.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    What's wrong with you lately tits McGee? You need a hug or something?

airbud7 likes this.
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I think he needs something more than a hug.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So what? Im not allowed an opinion because you dont agree with what ive said. Grow up.

I'm simply basing by comment off a pattern of how all these things go and how reboots have been handled along with the last few Dragon ball products of the last few years from games to movies.

Dragon Ball/z were a product of their time. Dbgt was pushing it and was poorly received by fans. Compare the quality and character of the original animated movies of DBZ to Battle of Gods - the difference is tremendous and not in the BoG's favor.

This series summed up nicely from a comment from the link in OP:
    This is why im worried:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    As much as I'd hope boobies is wrong, I kind of am afraid he's right. I'd give him a hug too, but that doesn't change how things are done... I wasn't fond of GT, because I already felt it was too far from Z, and I can imagine it will be too with this upcoming series.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Look, this besides a few other cartoons is one of my fav....things in all branches of entertainment. Its got it all. But going by how the DB ip has been handled over the last few years, the state and style of anime in japan currently and things dont bode well.

Id love nothing more than this series to do well, but im not getting my hopes up. The fact that its Akira himself at the helm is probably what concerns me the most. I know, i know hes the reason for DB, but the fact that he just wants to revisit Goku and Co again...I dont think there are many fresh ideas on their way to the series. The Z series ended perfectly and while there was room for expansion or a reboot series, GT was their shot (which they blew) and they could have built on it. After all these years however, it doesnt need it.. that ship has sailed and tastes have changed.

With Ball + Z fans all adults now, prepare for a lot of pissed of OG fans and a series catered for todays kids. Just like every other IP we grew up with, from games to movies that have been remade and rebooted, this isnt been done for us. No, this going to be aimed at todays audience and they are easily entertained and just as easily bored. Like i said earlier, as a product of their time, the style of anime and the fact that it was like nothing the west had ever seen before (it was the 90s after all). Good luck to him is all.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015