Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, May 9, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Overkill for YOU.

He is using a SLI of 2 GPUs who has 6GB of VRAM each so 12 GB to be cached.

You use a single GPU who has 4GB of VRAM.

A very different RAM requirements scenarios.

SLI and CFX with high or HUGE VRAM amount request more system RAM than single GPU gaming.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Overkill is the only way to kill :cool:

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Agree, that virtual ram doesn't say much.. Max system ram so far was @ GTA5 ~ 9-10GB and it never prompt me by low system ram and I always had 800MB fixed pagefile (for bsod view).

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    And it'll never do.

Your single GPU has 3 GB VRAM and you have 16 GB of RAM, what is more than enough to cover commits needs while playing GTA V, in you case 10 GB.

Try with 2x 4GB VRAM or even better 2x6GB VRAM setups (SLI or CFX).

16 GB is more than enough for any gaming with single GPU VRAM amount up to 6 GB.

The only exception could be (?) COD BO3 who has very high needs, here 21-23 GB with 2x4 GB VRAM.

It's possible that COD BO3 commits more than 16 GB of RAM playing with a single 980ti who has 6 GB VRAM.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dunno, I don't own it.. But in beta it was around the same as GTA5, or a little lower..

@ DirectX I get 8 GB reserved for gpu, total ~ 11200MB including gpu vram..

What do you get with your 32GB?

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Pagefile.sys disabled here, i don't have BSODs to debug hopefuly.

Playing GTA V bare minimum just starting a save: 16.5 GB commited, +17GB playing.

Now while playing COD BO3 committed memory is HUGE, bare minimum 21 GB commited, 23 GB playing.

The9quad has 30 GB committed with his tri-fire 290X (4 GB VRAM) while playing COD BO3.

Virtual RAM has alway been a workaround when there is not enough real RAM since the days Bill Gates said 640K is enough.

:D

The only REAL solution is always to add more REAL RAM.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    IDK, i'm out and my home router is stubborn and don't let me log in to WOL my main rig to VNC to it....by now. :D

I guess my W10 Enterprise will have 16 GB more in this value compared to your regardless the amount of GPUs VRAM.

I will post the exact amount when i can reach my rig local or remotely.

OCF it can't commit more than your 16GB ram+0.8 GB virtual RAM in your rig, max is 16.8 GB.

Edit: The last pic, the user has 16GB RAM+16GB virtual RAM(page file) so his commit max amount is 32 GB.

Edit 2: Commit max size, or max commit bytes avalaible is your REAL RAM size+Virtual RAM size (pagefile.sys) (if any).

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes I get that its 16GB + 800MB.

But in win8.1 I had 2048MB pagefile and it still showed commited 32GB + 2048MB.. That's why I got a little curious now.

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I guess there is no mistery here.

It's possible that you set one pagefile for a partition with initial and max size as 2048 MB (fixed size) and there is at least another partition where is set to "managed by OS" and the OS set a 16GB pagefile by itself to "support" your REAL 16 GB RAM.

So you ended with 16+2+16=34GB

In my main rig i have 6(?) partitions where pagefile.sys is set to "none" (0 MB avalaible).

So ZERO is the sum from all partitions pagefile.sys to add to my REAL RAM as "committable" memory.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Guys, chill a bit about PF for this game, it has a memory leak (won't free mem that doesn't need,keeps unnecessary stuff cached/preserved = PF always rises and never drops). It needs patching..(to it's..GC commands)

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    What's your committed bytes while playing this game with your SLI?

12, 14, 16 GB?

I don't think his possible leak could be worst than Rage one.

I didn't play the game yet, not a big Ubi$**t fan here after WatchDogs "who cares GATE".:puke2:

I still have an Unity free copy from a bundle (PS4+Bloodborne) in his box unfolded after i got it several months ago.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok, I checked nopagefile club and got my own answer.:nerd:

It was total virtual memory combined, not cached, I mixed everything lol nvm all is ok :)

This was in win8.1, guess it was also old Aida64 thing, now this value is removed.

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Ahhhh the "No pagefile Club" thread where everybody is happy and there is no flame discussion about the need (or not) of virtual RAM.

Seriously if we will live in a perfect world where REAL RAM was very cheap misleading concepts like "free", "virtual" and "cached" will no exist everything memory related will be more clear.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    @-Tj-

Finally i reached my lazy rig who was stuck at an error after it missed to boot from the right SSD when i tried to WOL it from my router.

Here is the pic you asked for:

[​IMG]

16. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Up to 12GB which is my PF..
    seriously game as long as you play adds more to PF (that means Vram+RAM is fully utilized and pass to PF) and at some point while it should free non-in-use stuff it keeps them and adds more.

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The animations in this are all set to fast forward which makes them look terrible and just far too eratic in nature, there's no smoothness or anything like what we had in ACIII which had superb hand to hand combat. This is almost worse than Unity's was. ACIII felt like a really nice orchestrated dance of death whereas Syndicate just feels sloppy and none intuitive. I was hoping it would be so much better. :(

18. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    I found that the game uses 21:9 resolutions very weirdly. If you use a 21:9 resolution on a 16:9 monitor in syndicate, then its still 16:9 but with less vertical pixels. No aspect ratio issues.

On the plus side if you make a 21:9 res that is horizontally your monitor resolution, then its almost native monitor resolution, so its very sharp and a real alternative to lower resolutions. I used 3840x1620 for 4k 3840x2160.

19. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    ah ok thanks.. i guess its close to Unity then. i will probably disable AA & AO so i get near 50-60 fps.

20. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The draw distance in this game is so horribly bad... I wonder if it can be somehow modded or custom changed....

I agree with stone gargoyle that the movement and everything is very clunky.

It was way smoother before, what happened?