Half-life 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PATTI9, Dec 26, 2004.

1. PATTI9

PATTI9 Guest

Can someone please help? I cant create an account with Steam - it wont let me in because 'No online servers? I've tried several times but nothing! Anyone got any thoughts please.

2. shades3k

shades3k Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Sounds like a firewall or router problem friend, have you got a router do you know? Try disabling your firewall while you start steam. If it lets you create an account then you may have to change some settings in the firewall itself.

3. PATTI9

PATTI9 Guest

Thank you very much :) I had the filter 'on' with my firewall I have changed the setting to 'allow all' This has enabled me to create an account and hopefully I can play it soon . Thank you once again for your help.

4. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce 6800GT, OCed
    Unless you want to play online alot, I suggest letting Steam de-encrypt the files they sold you, then turn the firewall back up.

When Steam sees no Web connection, it asks if you want to play offline. Say yes, and HL2 fires right up for you.

There is no sense in making your PC a tempting target for all the nasties out there just to play a game, is there?

Good luck and have fun!!

5. PATTI9

PATTI9 Guest

Thank you - of course you are right. I dont want to play on line if I dont have to. Many thanks for your help :) Patti

6. ntfx

ntfx Guest

just allow them ports in the firewall rules, ill provide them later if you need, as im at work. but they can be found online easily

7. PATTI9

PATTI9 Guest

Thanks I would appreciate your help :)