can any one tell me what happened to cheat codes ??

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by sajibjoarder, Jun 29, 2017.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    when i was a kid ( even few years back ) there ware so much cheat codes for games. it was fun playing with cheats ( for some games ).. now whenever i look for cheat on google, i can barely find any... there is a site called cheat happens but most of them are paid.. i really dont know they work or not... :banana:

2. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Heh, when I hear cheat codes, the first thing I think about is Saints Row, where Volition forces you to buy God mode and all that stuff. Now on topic, all that I can actually think about is that developers don't actually want you to screw around that much anymore, developers have gone way to lazy and don't care about the fun ingame, just that it generates money for them.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Games are so easy now, why do you need them?

Mods took over anyway. Someone will just create a mod to do everything.

4. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    google 'trainer'

they are exe files that 'hack' games for unlimited ammo, heath, etc

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    they where replaced by DLC you pay for just like most easter eggs and hidden extras

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    A lot of older games had cheat codes that added funny things to the game, rather than giving some sort of advantage. Things like giving enemies giant heads, or reskinning them to look like clowns or something.

As someone else mentioned, a lot of that sort of thing is now either covered by mods or by DLC. Its a bit of a shame as there was some flavour to be had from that sort of thing, I seem to remember a code that gave you the Knightrider car in Age of Empires for example.

7. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Cheathappens is awesome. I bought a lifetime sub a couple years back, all the trainers work amazing. They also have a Trainer Manager tool which is really convenient, I definitely recommend them if you're looking to spice up your old games. They are legit and have been around for many years, all the trainers are always up to date with the latest version of games and a trainer for most every game so that's why you have to pay for a subscription...I recommend the lifetime.

If you are looking for some of the odd or fun things that Gameshark or Gamegenie used to do, then look into Cosmos, an easy to use game hacking tool: https://www.cheathappens.com/cosmos.asp

Some free trainers you find online can be a bit shady, few years back I had one that was malicious. But you can look into Mr anti fun's site, a forum with trainers. https://mrantifun.net/index.php?forums/trainers.2/
    There is Trainer City website but I honestly have no clue how safe their stuff is.

Granted, I kind of miss the old Up,Up, A,B..etc type cheats. Older PC games had developer cheats which was intended to help them play through to find bugs and glitches I believe but perhaps they have better bug finding tools now.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    They cheated you.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    10 Rem Infinite Cheats
    20 Randomize 10
    30 Poke 67382,4
    40 Data 345,29,402,78,39,252

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    10 Rem Infinite Cheats
    20 Randomize 10
    30 Poke 67382,4
    40 Data 345,29,402,78,39,252

Remember to Merge " " the loader first

12. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Why no cheats:
    1) Games are easier.
    2) Now you can search on-line for tactics or way out. (Couldn't search online 20 years ago)
    3) Game design prevents gamers from getting stuck.

The recent game, where I wished I had cheats is Talos Principle.
    Still, games are way more interesting by solving problems by yourself and keeping progress.