Nvidia stereodriver 45-x series or NOT??

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by wladimirT, Oct 18, 2003.

1. wladimirT

wladimirT Guest

Good day,

I have Geforce 4 TI4400 (Leadtek A250), a somewhat older card.
    I have installed the NVIDIA 44.03 driver with 43.03 stereodriver.
    I read many comments on the new 45.x series driver of Nvidia, which stated that they give loss of Framerate. They recommended older drivers, they would be faster and more stable.
    Can you comment on this? Maybe the new drivers work best with the newer generation Geforce cards?
    Yet, my stereo-experience is not without trouble, as I explain following here:

I have ED-glasses, Leadtek A250 GF4 TI4400,
    Nvidia A44.03 driver and 43.03 stereodriver.Windows XP, P42,8 512MB, Gigabyte GA8IK1100.
    Stereo with FS2002 and FS2004 is somewhat problematic:
    In the internal (=cockpit) view I have satisfactorily stereosight, though I must always adjust the stereoseparation at start: it is much too wide (though in the stereo control panel I have only the beginners setting).
    In the external view it seems that the stereo is sometimes reversed, so that the aircraft seems behind the scenery. It is better when i increase stereoseparation, but then it is rather painful to look at.
    Moon and stars always seem before the clouds!.
    Now on FS2002: here the cockpit view is all right. But with the ec\xternal view I do not have a stereo-effect with most planes: the separation of the scenery and of the planes is the same, so you have no stereo-effect. With some older aircraft though, i do have a stereo-effect, because, strangely enough, then there is only stereoseparation on the scenery, while the plane has not. Then you see the plane very clearly before the scenereplan (which in itself remains flat.
    By the way: the EDglasses do work well with Trani Simulator.
    Who can comment on my issue? Thanks very much! (ED helpdesk doesnt help me out!)
    Wladimir Trabsky, wtrabsky@kabelfoon.nl