Gtx 780 ti owner thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RPGgamesplayer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    I have the same card :) I never used the MSI app. I recommend getting the skynet bios on there and using Afterburner to overclock.

2. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    <--------<<< Check

3. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    what?

4. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I understand that it has 3 settings as you have described above. The problem is when I change from Game mode to OC mode the clocks do not change in GPUZ. They do change however if I change from game mode to silent mode. Also the GPU should automatically fire up in OC mode without even using the MSI app.

I can get the clocks to match the factory OC (roughly) by overclocking manually through afterburner. I was under the impression that I could overclock on top of the factory OC rather than just match it. As i should of had these clocks right out of the box.

5. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Have you checked to see if the clocks change to the OC mode speeds when the card is under load?

Try changing it to OC mode and then launch a game or run the Render Test inside GPU-Z and see if they change.

6. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Done some troubleshooting at it seems GPUZ was not giving me the right info from the get go. After selecting OC mode then running a game with GPUZ sensors running in the background my card was reaching the correct clocks. I then manual OC'd the card in afterburner ran a game again checked back and the clocks were up! So problem solved, I have since backed the manual OC off though as after playing The Witcher 2 for a couple of hours GPU temps hit a high of 86C... running the factory OC only temps have come down 4-5 degrees.

7. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Good that you sorted that out.
    You like the MSI 780 TI you have ? how's perfoermance,temp and general usability ? what games you play and how does it do ?
    It's getting to around $629.99 every now and then on Amazon and I might pull the trigger on that !

8. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Really impressed so far and happy with my choice. Although, I don't have anything to compare it to as this is my first build. Temps have been a bit high for my liking around 80-85C whilst running ultra settings in games but it has been particularly warm where I live this last week. I also only have 3x140mm fans at the moment so I need to look at putting another one or two in.

I’ve been playing Witcher 2 and Watch_Dogs. Witcher has been running very smooth with everything at its most demanding setting I’m still getting average of 60FPS and never dropping below 40FPS. Watch dogs is running ‘okay’ ... I’ve been running it on ultra with TheWorse mod and frames are around the 40FPS mark but it is using all available VRAM (3000MB) which is causing slight stuttering at high speeds whilst driving. On foot and everything else it is fine, just when driving fast. I’m also playing at 1440p.

9. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    You need front case fans as intake and probably a side one too.
    Back and top exhaust too.

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Okay, ive considered something, which would solve the abysmal cooling performance of the acx coolers in sli...

Buying 2x of the following product

http://www.arctic.ac/eu_en/accelero-hybrid-ii-120.html

Could have both radiators mounted on the side, blowing air in.

What do you Guys think of that?

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    If you have enough spacing in between your cards and have very good airflow in your case you shouldnt run into any temp problems. I opted for 2 reference sc because the cards are close together. Only have a thumb spacing in between the cards.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Got my cards a little present just to tidy them up a bit.

[​IMG]

13. bilbobaghins

bilbobaghins Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming
    sold it for a GTX 970 two way SLI :D

14. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Should I go for SLI. help

Hey, I'm looking for someone to hold my hand as I venture into the world of SLI :nerd:

Had my 780ti for a few months now and so far I'm really happy, but... now I want another one! I just need a bit of advice. My GPU is running at 69-73c, will it just simple get to hot if I put another card in there?? Is there any other concerns I should have with running SLI 780ti's

Thanks in advance for the advice!

EDIT: I should of mentioned temps above are under load.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    As long as your case has good airflow and you have plenty of room between the cards you should be fine with those temps.

16. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Sorry guys ..I have to leave this thread......

2 X Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970's...

I will miss the friendly banter!!

17. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Thanks. I think I will make the plunge then :) What's the opinion on buying '2nd hand cards' is it the done thing!? or should I always be looking to buy new?

Also, will I be alright with current 850w Power Supply?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  18. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I just (for the hell of it) checked ebay to see what a 2nd hand 780 Classified was going for... about $200 more than new lol

Checked some other sites as well and they're about the same pricing as ebay, seems to many people kept their 700 series cards to long and are now trying to find a sucker to unload them off on.

Not sure about the Corsair RM series, I know I could run two 680 Lightnings on this setup with mild OC, no issues with it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  19. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Thanks Clawhamer. I've actually been offered a MSI 780ti for £250 that's what has brought on this idea of going for SLI. I would'nt be thinking of upgrading if I was paying upwards of £500 (what I paid for my 780ti 3-4 months ago).

Conclusion... Go for the SLI or hang onto the cash and go for a 980 (or possible 980ti??) some time next year?

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I was having problems yet Again with fans rattling and squeeking on the acx coolers... so i contacted evga and asked what kind of oil they used for the ball bearings, cause then id try and refill that first - they advised me against refilling them, and didnt tell me what oil they use. They instead told me to RMA the Cards, and i was like HELL NO... last time i did that, i got crappy clocking Cards in return... i told them i want you to send me some new fans, and ill just pay for them... then i dont hear from them in over a week... but then the UPS truck comes by today, and he got new fans from evga for me... what an unexpected and pleasant surprise! :D

So now i got silent great clocking Cards yet Again - but lets see how long the fans last this time, before needing replacement Again.