Gigabyte Mini-ITX GTX 970 Graphics Card - GV-N970IXOC-4GD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gigabyte has produced a Mini-ITX GeForce GTX 970 Graphics Card, yeah it's cute alright. You soon will be able to find it under SKU code GV-N970IXOC-4GD. The card is running at 1076 MHz Base with a Boost clock of 1216 MHz, which is actually a notch faster then the reference cards. The card has a single 8-pin PCI-Express power connector.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gigabyte-mini-itx-gtx-970-graphics-card.html

2. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    This card is a godsend for all the ncase m1 builders out there. And if you don't know what the ncase m1 is you really should research it. It's only the tiniest most powerful mini itx case ever. Full no compromise power in the smallest footprint possible.

3. ontelo

ontelo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Godsend? m1 already supports 31cm< GPUs

4. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    KAWAIIIIIII
    *ahem*
    Yeah, it's kool.

5. Sweet. Mini 970/980 are going to sell very well considering the performance and low power consumption.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Wow, the gpu is indeed very tiny!

Great for those who wish to use it in a small computer...

7. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Heh, cute card.

8. Rexob

Rexob Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 870m 3gb
    I wonder how this would perform in the EVGA Hadron case...my experience is the case mostly necessitates a rear exhaust blower.

9. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Looks really cool, I wonder if it performs almost as good as a full size card and its OC potential.

10. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Would really love to see a review for this, I am curious about the cooling for this little thing and also if the power consumption is improved (or not).

11. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    this should be a standard.

12. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    with just an 8 pin power connector wonder what they have cut back on and if it still performs the same as reff GTX970 ?

13. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    yep, was wondering that too... however 225w should still be enough for even an oc'd version, maybe they reduced the boost a bit... a review mr. Guru? :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I am trying to get a hold of a sample, however Gigabyte does not have a media seeding plan for this SKU and thus has no samples available ATM. I guess they never realized they have something very interesting for the masses here.

Still trying though, so hopefully we'll get a sample.

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    do you have any info on the voltage spike that's been found on the gtx970/980 gpu ? I think its the 970/980's in general

quote from another site

"In addition, our expert Igor Wallossek has some insights into the GeForce GTX 970 and 980's power draw as he found micro-spikes and load scenarios that draw significantly more than the TDP these cards are rated for"

16. brutlern

brutlern Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 X Gaming
    Such a small form factor is not only good for people wanting that kickass mini-itx but also for anyone (me :D) who is still rocking that old ATX case not built for huge over 30 cm/12 inch monsters.
    Hope you get your hands on one of these little puppies and show us what it's made of.

17. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    this graphics card makes me want to build an HTPC now :/ .. guess that will be my next project, I have an Asrock H87M Pro4 intel Z87 mATX mainboard and 8gig ddr3 1600 laying around doing nothing so might as well put them to good use.

18. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    incase someone is interested, there are some itx gpus around form MSI, Asus and sapphire. Radeon 270x,nvidia 760 and radeon 285.

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man its cool that they managed to put the same input layout as its standard big brother. This would be ideal for those users who want a LAN party style computer that is portable.

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gigabyte explained to me today that this product is intended for SI only (system Integrators) and thus that makes it an OEM product. Hence there are no samples and there is no retail availability.

I've explained that this is exactly the kind of product a lot of consumers would purchase with Mini ITX and Micro ATX being hip form factors. They seem interested as to what I explained so they still might release a batch for end-users. Will keep you guys updated if anything should change.