Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 4 is 6.7 GB in size

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 17, 2014.

1. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    That size of file is a joke especialy for my net it would take forever and eat 7% of my cap on top of downloading the original file.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ubisoft got some ball first the release broke game , then say the xbox one verison patch pretty much a redownload of the game.....

UBIFAIL

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Probably shipped the wrong version. Bait and switch on a different level.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Also try the 347.09 drivers. They give a massive boost in frame rate in AC Unity :)

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Woah... Congrats Ubishat! Finally releasing 1.0 after testing Early Access at full price!

Way to bridge the gaming community.

No thanks to AMD for their crap drivers and GPUs of course.

:D

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It was a good beta.

40GBs.... wtf. :D

Unbelievable, what the **** are they doing. WTF ARE YOU DOING MARKETING DEPARTMENT OF UBISOFT, seriously.

Putting timestamps on games, rushing the devs. I'm sure they didn't want to release the game in such a state or they're just incompetent.

The good old days of 10-100MB patches..

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  8. nexxusty

nexxusty Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    This game, Ubi, like the entire series, is a joke.

Worst game... not fun at all.

9. GooRoo 3D

GooRoo 3D Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX-570 PE-OC x2 SLI
    Ubisoft = UbiSHAFT

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    the fact that you base a batch as being a joke based on the size of the patch in storage sense is a joke.

Do we not live in 2014 people? WHO CARES how big a patch is, storage wise? Do you all really have nothing to do in life other then worry about how large a patch is and how long it will take to download? You can't tell me you don't have other things to do, watch TV, go outside and play (har har), play some other game while it downloads, seriously. Get it together people of 2014 and MOVE INTO 2014! my god it's almost 2015 and you're stuck in 2004 still.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

6.4gbs is one thing but 40gb that the xbox one people have to suffer is joke,

ALOT people have BANDWIDTH CAPS monthly still and huge patchs like this = those people with bandwidth caps have to pay surplus special if they already going close to bandwidth limits for the month, and it even worse for said person that got digital download in first place, just to be told month or so later you need to download what amounts to a re download of the whole game to fix something, that shouldnt of been released to begin with.

Monthly bandwidth caps should not exisit, Then again release a game that is broke out of the gate should be not happening either, EA and UBISOFT are both quilty of this, who is worse well that can be debated. Lack of Q/A games is issue since internet took hold of games. most places have release it now and patch it later attitude regardless of how ready a game is to be released.

I have no bandwidth cap, and i great full for this, as I will go over the 25-50gb monthly bandwidth cap easily with just the steaming done in my house. Add digital downloads of games to that and my internet bill would be more then 107$ i already pay.

If there was no bandwidth cap most people would not care bout redownload what amounts to full download in the cause of xbox one people TO FIX something that should of been delt with before releasing the game. is joke and should not happen. patchs are one thing re download what is pretty much the full game again is something else entirely.

I would be pissed IF i bought the game for the ps4 digital. then had to download it that amount again just to get playable game consider how terrible download speeds are on psn regardless and would be even more so if i had bandwidth cap.

Bottem line if the game isnt ready dont release it and tell the damn publisher and there stock holders to shut the hell up. let the developers do there job correctly.

If this was snes/gensis/ps1 etc age a game like this that badly broke release in such state would result in such bad rep the the publisher would suffer greatly as result cause they would not be able to fix it short re issue/replacing every copy of the bought game which would cost more then it would to actual finish Q/A the game properly in first place.

I dont blame the developers for this i blame the publisher say it release on this date no if and or butts cause they and the stock holders want there money.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    This game is such a mess.. I'm SO glad that I jumped off of this series a long time ago.. AC2 was the last one for me.. although I hear Blackflag was good, this game is just so monotonous at this point.. same gameplay rehashed over and over again. Boring is an understatement.

The fact that Unity plays like such a piece is just insult to injury when you consider how many gamers paid full price for this unfinished product.

Ubisoft should be very ashamed, whether its more the fault of the publisher or not.. it will take them a long time to recover from this, if they ever do.