Downloading apps to PC & transfer to tablet?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by jeffmorris, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Is there a way of downloading Android apps to PC and transfer them to tablet using USB cable? I don't have good WIFI in my neighborhood. I have Times Warner ISP and Verizon FIOS is being installed in my neighborhood. I don't know when FIOS service will be available and I don't want to waste my money on new networking hardware because Verizon will give me new networking hardware.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    You download the apk file, tranfer it to the tablet, tick the option "enable unknown sources" for installing apps in the options somewhere then open the apk in your file browser.

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Plug in USB to computer, navigate the file explorer to your Android's hard drive or SDcard. Copy the APK files to it.

Open your Android's File Manager/Browser and navigate to where you placed the files from the PC. Press them to install.

Alternatively:

If you have a card (MicroSD, etc) reader on your tablet you could also drop APK files on to that card while in the PC, then put it back in the tablet to open them.

Bluetooth file transfer between PC-Android also works. A bit slow. Good for smaller files, say less than 6mb.

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Way easier to simply get dropbox. Set up a dropbox and set your download folder to the dropbox folder (or vice versa). DOwnload dropbox on your tablet and pull over whatever you need. Will work even if you aren't home or near a computer.

5. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I can't download Android apps from Google Play and similar websites to PC and then transfer them to tablet through the USB cable. I tried Android emulators but they either don't work or are too slow.

6. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    What does your wifi have to do with your ISP? I'm confused? Surely your PC uses the same connection anyway?

7. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Google Play will not let me download Android apps to my PC and then transfer them to my tablet. Google Play downloads Android apps to tablets via WIFI only. I need some way of tricking Google Play into thinking that my PC is a tablet.

8. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Just get yourself a wireless router. No matter what your ISP gives you they're usually crappy and barely works.

The better solution is to get a cheap router like the ASUS RT-N12 to do your bidding instead.

deltatux

9. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I bought a new Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router this morning.