AfterBurner voltage settings not applying. I change values but it doesn't apply.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Moni, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Moni

Moni Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 TwinFrozr II
    [GTX580] AfterBurner not applying Core Voltage. [Not a Noob] [Info and Screenshot]

Hi guys, resume in Bold.

I'm in trouble with my GTX 580 (MSI TwinFrozr II) with that low voltage thing causing driver crashes.

I used AfterBurner to change the Core Voltage to 1065mV but it keeps showing min as 0.963 and max as 0.963.

I spent some time searching for similar problems and had no success on getting it to work. I also tried applying Unofficial Overclocking on CFG file but it doesn't seems to make any changes.

At first i was using 4.0.0 and it worked for some minutes, then went back to default values (it still had the new value on settings but not on graphs). Then i downgraded to 3.0.1 or 3.1.0, not sure. Same thing, not changing.

Here's a screenshot of my AfterBurner screen:
    I can't post links because i have less than 5 posts. And yes i registered just to ask for help. This is my last try.
    i[dot]imgur[dot]com/HuAfzrz[dot]png
    i.imgur.com/HuAfzrz.png

I really appreciate any help, i need to get this working because my card keeps crashing with that classic "NVIDIA OpenGL Driver stopped responding, blah blah blah..." . Even suggestions of other softwares i can use to change Core Voltage are welcome.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014