Quiet and cool

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Jacku62, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Jacku62

Jacku62 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 690
    i recently purched another MSI NEO 2 plat 939 board for a second computer of mine. with a 3000+ venice processor its running at idle at 40c system temp of 80f. now from reading up on most of these venice core processors, most of witch will run at 33 - 37 idle. so lookin in the msi digicell were the quiet and cool option is i can adjust the speed of the NB fan and the cpu fan. when max out the only fan speed that changes is the NB not the cpu. im using stock cooling for this processor and i have flashed this board to the latest bios, and also enabled the Quiet and cool option in the bios. Still no control over this. the real thing thats bugging me about this is at load its at 52C (athlon xp temps). ive done did as much as i can (that i know of). anybody out there with a solution to this?

2. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    what is the rpm of the cpu fan? maybe its maxed out from the start, therefore you cannot increase it's speed.

just a thought.

3. Jacku62

Jacku62 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 690
    the rpm of the fan is 980 - 1000. when i put its power cord into the system fan port it goes to 2500 or so

4. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    EDIT: nm. i just read, you have already updated to latest bios.

if you turn OFF quiet and cool, are the rpm's maxed out then? Do you really need quiet and cool? As cpu fans should really be maxed out anyways. As it gets hot fast.