Not another "Doomsday Thread" but rather an Amorous Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by HamsterCrispy, Nov 21, 2012.

1. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    waiting for manipulative *******s to trick people into giving them all their money after brainwashing them about the end of the world

like that one religious guy from the US

2. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    You live in a tiny hole under a tiny rock if you think most people believe that. I can't wait for December 21st, I get to move into the house I bought yesterday!

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is there only one religous guy in America?

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    No, but only 1 that I'm aware of that is willing to create panic among his followers with the intent of getting rich by declaring the world is going to end and their only salvation is to give him all their money....

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

It's already happening and that manipulative ****** would be Harold Camping. As for the so called "brainwashing", there are plenty of meat heads in the US that believe everything that old prick spews out. I have no sympathy for people like that.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Are sure he's not just a politician. Oh... no wait, those are the good guys. nvm

7. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    What, no wheres Mikedogg? :p

So peeps, what doomsday theory are you going with this year?

Personally, I'm going with the asteroid hitting the earth theory. I just hope it hits the other side of the world first so I can see all the carnage televised before it works it's way around to me. :devil:

Imagine the entertainment value in that! :eek3:

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm still hoping for that zombie apocalypse. :banana:

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    @HamsterCrispy: bili na ng card pre,
    get the best GPU you can spend, world is gonna end one month from now anyway :)

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT

^ +1

11. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Ah well, at least I get to see Iced Earth in London on the 20th so I can die happy :D

12. You might be surprised to know this, but the worlds oldest book, the bible, states that the earth will not be destroyed, ever, and that human and animal life is to remain on earth forever. How can we be sure of this? Because the God of which the bible speaks, has had it recorded so that we may know.

Ecclesiastes 1:4 - A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite.

Isaiah 45:18 - “This is what Jehovah has said, .*.*. the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: ‘I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.’”

www.jw.org

13. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I don't know the Bible that well, but doesn't it say somewhere under "Genesis" that the world will end in 2012? something about "The Four Horseman" and good being separated from evil and the evil stay on earth and the good go to heaven during the rapture?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  14. Your refering to the book of Revelation. (Revelation 6:2-8)

There's a white horse, white being someone who occupies a Kingly position, holy color in the bible, depicts Jesus Christ. Who is riding on a campaign in which he will complete, but what is this campaign?

There's a fiery-colored horse which symbolizes removal of peace from the earth

There's a black horse which symbolizes lack of food, and food shortage

There's a pale horse which symbolizes death.

The last 3 are all things we are seeing happen now, and have been seeing happen. But the White horse and its rider, Jesus, what is he going to conquer? The last 3 horses.

There's the 4 horses and the scriptures found in Revelation

“And I saw when the Lamb [Jesus Christ] opened one of the seven seals [of the scroll that was in his hand], and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice as of thunder: ‘Come!’ And I saw, and, look! a white horse; and the one seated upon it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went forth conquering and to complete his conquest.

8 “And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say: ‘Come!’ And another came forth, a fiery-colored horse; and to the one seated upon it there was granted to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another; and a great sword was given him.

9 “And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say: ‘Come!’ And I saw, and, look! a black horse; and the one seated upon it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice as if in the midst of the four living creatures say: ‘A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the olive oil and the wine.’

10 “And when he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say: ‘Come!’ And I saw, and, look! a pale horse; and the one seated upon it had the name Death. And Hades was closely following him. And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth.”

Regarding 2012, Jesus said to his apostles as recorded in Mathew 24:36 - “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father [God] "

Also regarding the rapture and evil remaining on the earth and good going to heaven, this isn't found in the bible, the word rapture doesn't even appear. In fact, in Pslams it talks about the Good remaining on the earth forever and the bad being cast away forever from the earth. Only a small number of those good are chosen to rule as Kings in Heaven, then rest remain on earth. That chosen number as found in revelation is 144,000

Pslams 37: 9-11. 9" For evildoers themselves will be cut off,
    But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth.
    10*And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
    And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
    11*But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace"

Good to ask question, you only find answers by searching or asking :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hopefully Resident Evil zombies, not 28 days later! :D

16. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    World's oldest book?

At least all these bible quotes give me an idea about the general attitude you have in your posts, constantly complaining about how morally corrupt we are.

17. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    ^Stop being an antagonist you. :p

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  18. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    When the gods want this to end, it shall be. They don´t need to follow our calendars and dates and our children books.

I hope it ends soon.

19. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    Aye, thanks to all from Guru for your help over the years. Top notch as ever and always get me out of a jam. I think we'll still be here after 21/12/12 but we shall see...soon

I second that. If they turn out to be 28 days later zombies, then we're screwed. Those barstewards move far too quickly.

Also, Mikedogg's avatar pic thing always makes me smile. Look at that lil fella go, never stops bouncing!

20. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    People have been mislead. Most experts on the Mayan "Doomsday" calender conclude this date as a "new beginning", and not the end of the world.