No Switchable Graphics. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Casio, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Casio

Casio Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6470M
    Hi, I'm Alex.

I have
    HP Pavilion g6-1016sq Notebook PC (AMD Radeon HD 6470M 1GB DDR3)
    I installed all drivers and all options but I do not appear Switchable Graphics.
    I have tried many drivers and still does not appear. I installed OS.
    You please help me with a driver that occur Switchable Graphics.

Sorry for the English.

2. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
  3. Casio

Casio Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6470M
    Do not go. I still do not appear to change the video card.

4. Casio

Casio Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6470M
    help please

5. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    The last one is using drivers from http://leshcatlabs.net/, and instructions from http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4966241&postcount=7, if in not helps I just :bonk:
    UPD: Try to install leshcat drivers to my laptop, seems like it already contain intel hd drivers.
    UPD1: I just delete all drivers by DDU in safemode, then installed leshcats 14.11.2 beta drivers, follow instructions and it works.
    I can't switch graphics by myself, but there is sweet autoswitching and i can append intel or amd card to any app used in CCC. I will stay on this drivers. If you can't run 14.11.2 propertly, u can try 14.9.2 from leshcatlabs.net, it's more stable as i read on leshcat forum.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  6. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    For some reason, in newer version of drivers the manual switching is missing...
    If you want to have that option, use Leshcats 14.4 drivers :)

7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Yup Benik.

AMD has stripped the fixed switching functionality quietly from the kernel after 14.4.

There are some benefits but also some cons.

8. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    What are the benefits?

9. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    People who had issues with brightness control on AMD on fixed mode will not have this issue on dynamic, since Intel is now the main card.

Wakeup and standby seems to work for most older machines that were able to do fixed switching. Not everyone was affected by these issues but it helped some.

People that always wanted to try dynamic mode but couldn't because of a BIOS lock can now use dynamic since it forces it.

Theoretically dynamic can be faster (fps wise) than fixed mode since AMD is just being used for a single application and nothing else.

I practice this is can only be felt in some games. Some others have fps issues and general "dynamic" issues. Such as Far Cry 3/4 with the black rectangle shader bug. Something that still hasn't been fixed by Ubi or AMD.

Overall I am not sure if the benefits outweight the cons. Considering that these laptops are older now it is good to have compatability to even handle basic tasks on an older laptop.

However here AMD screwed up too since their forced dynamic mode on intel + mobility HD 5xxx and windows 8.1 causes a bootloop.
    They have yet to address this issue.

10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Well I used manual mode, because I had problems with FPS in LoL.
    The problem was probably caused by the game, which thought, that I have Intel card (not AMD) in dynamic mode and it lowered somehow the graphic. This caused to me low FPS and low GPU usage... What was worst, lowering of graphic details didn't mean higher FPS, but only lower GPU usage...

Now on 14.11 beta it's doesn't seem to be so bad, but still LoL doesn't run as it should (I shouldn't have problem to play with max settings...)

The brightness control is right. But I don't call it advantage now, because it was there already before...

11. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Indeed ... so for some people brightness control was never an issue and some games really behave strangely on dynamic mode.

Shame that AMD removed support for it since dynamic passthrough is not quite there yet and might never be. : /