Unlock Voltage Range in MSI Afterburner

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Gavenatore, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Gavenatore

Gavenatore Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix OC
    Hello

I have an Asus 460 edition and I am trying to overclock it using the msi afterburner. Unfortunately I cant change the voltage over +37 which is kinda lame and drives me crazy. When I was using ASUS gpu tweak (v2.8. I think), I had a very stable oc profile
    Voltage +40
    Mhz 400

I want to unlock the range of voltage control on the msi afterburner. I dont know if it is a compability issue that causes this problem
    Any help would be much appreciated, thank you :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

3. Gavenatore

Gavenatore Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix OC
    Yeah, I've read that article before, only problem is that the contents of that one are somehow unfamiliar with me :p Maybe someone can help me? Give a quick tutorial?

4. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Just start reading from the bottom of post #2, at "Instructions:". It should be pretty easy since your card is already included in the database.

Note that you can only edit files within "Program Files (x86)" (the standard location for the installation of MSI Afterburner) if you run the text editor as administrator. It's easier to create, edit and save the file somewhere else (like desktop) and then move it to the correct place.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

5. Gavenatore

Gavenatore Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix OC
    I created a MSIAfterburner.oem2 file and I copy-paste the text that follows. I saved it in the msi afterburner directory (C:\Program Files x86\Msi AfterBurner). When I choose from the settings "Third party" it seems that nothing happens. The voltage wont go over 37

6. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I to have this problem but I have no voltage control.

I have added the file per UW's post.

I have the Dual X R9 280X and voltage control is still not available.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong here?

I have tried in the past many times, hours googleing for an answer with no luck