GTX560 Ti RMA experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sublime20, Oct 19, 2011.

1. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    A month ago, I turned on my computer and all I heard was a sequential "beep- beep"- and then a long "beep".

I did some rersearch into my motherboards bios, make and model and quickly found out that its a signal for the fact that the video card was faulty (at first before i looked it up i thought my ram had failed....)
    MY PRECIOUS NVIDIA GT560 Ti WAS BUSTED :(

So I was stuck with a computer that when started, it wouldnt show anything onscreen and it would chirp annoyingly untill I shut it off or the sequence was over.. I was pissed because I just got this card back in april from best buy.

I called best buy and had the reciept.. but for some reason they wouldnt take it back saying "Nvidia will handle your issue alot better than we can, would you like us to give you the number for thier e-store?"

I begged them to put the manager on the phone but they insisted I called Nvidia....
    ( I almost never need to return **** and am unfumiliar with return policies of any sort so I was confused about what was going on and why they wouldnt let me return my busted GTX560 Ti -even after I furnished a reciept...

I found out later by calling the store again that they only do returns before 30days after purchase if you dont buy an aditional coverage plan (this is true even if you have a reciept).

I got a hold of Nvidia and they transferred me to the Nvidia e-tail center and had me register my graphics card and give some info......
    They said wait about a day for a representative to contact you and fill out your details in an RMA form sent by Nvidia via e-mail.

I completed the form and e-mailed it back and voila... my RMA was completed and I was shipped a "refurbished" GTX 560 Ti (in what seems to be unused condition) overnight Fedex!
    The GTX560 Ti they sent me works like I never had a busted one!
    I was a little scard with it being a "Refurbished" card but it runs great with no problems.

They didnt charge me a dime, but they required I send back the defective one with the packaging they sent the new RMA card in.... (they even put their own packageing tape in the box with a fedex shipping label for the RMA to be complete with no hassle...

I must be crazy for being so excited about my experience and I am sure other people have had similar stories... but I just wanted to share my awesome experience and let people know that there is hope for the little guy who gets turned away by retail stores like BestBuy!

I am totally happy that there was a good ending to my gfx failure!

Thanks Nvidia for an awesome RMA Experience!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Wow, Nvidia sure do take their customers seriously. That's great!

Just wondering though, this Refurbished card that they sent you.. Is it a reference card? Since Nvidia themselves sent it to you which means the card you received was an original Nvidia branded card? Just curious ^_^

3. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Yes its an Nvidia MFD. GTX560 Ti, if it were an third party manufacturer I dont think this RMA straight from Nvidia would have been possible (ex. if you had a MSI Card or an EVGA Card you would have to go to the respective manufaturer to get support and possible RMA)

Moreover I always thought that Nvidia didnt manufacture its own line of cards hence all the other branded Nvidia cards like MSI or EVGA or even PNY..... So its cool to know that if you dont want all the bells and whistles of a third party card and you want a straight up model its totally possible.....(bells and whistles are cool no doubt....) I just like a well made product and am not an overclocker so a "Reference" Nvidia MFD card was my choice! and now I believe I will keep it this way if I decide to purchase a later model for upgrade... so if i plan to buy a GTX 590, it will have to be straight from Nvidia and this decision will be because of the radical support I have had with my Current GTX560 Ti!!!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  4. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Woe, so when you bought your original 560 at BestBuy it was manufactured by Nvidia? Cool, I didn't think that Nvidia would manufacture their own cards and distributed them. I used to think that when Nvidia makes a card, they only send the ones they made to the various manufacturers.

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Nvidia does for best-buy only.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    im glad everything worked out for you. how long did you have the card prior to it going bad? if it was within the 90 day period, best buy should of exchanged it on the spot or did s store to store transfer if they didnt have that particular model in stock.

7. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Well I bought my card in Los Angeles. It was around April of this year.. I had no idea how returns work at best buy. And after that irritating phone first call to best buy, I did call back only to get clarified as to what thier policies were because the dumbsh!t I had talked to at first wouldnt tell me anything about the return policies and kept enforcing that I call Nvidia... the reciept I have has been worn out were the "shortened" version of the return policy was to the point that it was totally unreadable...

I had the card a total of about 5 months which would make it void for any return to Best Buy.... So in fact they had a right to turn me down and suggest that I go to Nvidia with my Issue.

Im not even sure Nvidia "had" to help me out either, but they did! I felt like they really cared about my specific situation. (sometimes there will be an exception to the rule) and maybe my issue fell into a category of uncommon situations in order to merrit the RMA service I recieved.

Im surely happy I bought a reference card, cus if I had bought from any other manufacturer, im not sure I would have had the same experience. AND ultimately I would still be computerless as we speak.

needless to say, I think with my next chunk of change I will be getting a backup rig in case I am not covered for whatever reason.....

These days its wise for people to have two equally powerfull machines in case one goes down.. :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011