Samsung s4 mini usb connect trouble

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by SentinelAeon, Sep 29, 2016.

1. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    Hello,

I have Samsung s4 mini with android 4.4.2 . Problem is when i plug it in, it charges but neither phone nor pc detects the connection, also there is no sound in windows that u can usualy hear when u connect something, nothing in device manager.
    I tried 3 different usb cables and 2 computers (windows 8.1/windows 7). I tried many different modes (MTP, etc.), i tried debugging mode, i tried installing driver for mobile phone and kies (i shouldnt have to do either btw, phone should connect without me doing anything), i tried hard reseting phone.

I do not have original Samsung cable, but all 3 cables are data capable, i tried numerous phones on them, and it worked, i have xperia mini and samsung ace 2 with me and both work with no problems with all cables and computers.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

2. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Usually you need to select file transfer mode from the phone otherwise it just sits in charge mode. When connected look for a notification about what its doing and it should present a list of options. At least it has since lollipop, cant remember about kitkat.

If no notification I 'think' you can access this from the storage settings option somewhere.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G

5. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    I tried cleaning it but it didn't help. I ordered a replacement port for about 2 dollars, i hope this will solve the problem.

6. SentinelAeon

SentinelAeon Guest

GPU:
    7950 HD
    I just replaced the charing port and that solved the problem :)