X850 Pro MOD to X850XT/XT PE

Discussion in 'Links' started by jblade, Aug 21, 2005.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I've tried the arctic cooler from 9800Pro you're talking about and it didn't fit on my X850XT so I wouldn't expect it to fit. And what do you mean by die temp? Are you asking the temperature of your X850 core or do you want to know when it will "die" or shutdown after getting to hot? It would really be worth it to get a Vf700 or 900 if you plan on keeping this card.

2. Drakis

Drakis New Member

GPU:
    C3D X850Pro 12p@16p 550core/560mem
    Hi again
    Disaster has struck! I was happily working on windows, browsing the internet, when i noticed that when i moved the mouse it left a trail of dots. Hummmm... WTF?!
    I opened atitools, did a scan for artifacts, and lots and lots of yellow dots appeared over the cube.
    The card was at the default 500/500, and i hadn't been playing all day, only doing work.
    I checked if all fans were working, voltages were ok, temperatures ok.
    If i downclock the mem to 380Mhz (!) it doesn't artifact.
    To be sure if it wasn't because of unlocking the other 4 pipes (from 12 to 16) i reflashed the original X850PRO bios, but it's the same. I even put a fan directly over the memory (besides the Zalman VF900Cu) and it's the same.
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3. LaGGYsX

LaGGYsX New Member

GPU:
    X850 XT PE
    Well it has been few weeks the last time I checked out this forum.... I am using the stock cooler and the temp is around 74 max. 100% fully loaded with css and 3mark06. I just replaced the fan with STOCK ATI x850 XT PE FAN FROm my friend. I did order vf700 for my friend he wanted a quite one so yea..... i kept his stock cooler and put it on my x850 pro flashed to xt. and my temp is at 44 and fully loaded around 57.

His temp for fully loaded is 46.

4. ChuckvB

ChuckvB New Member

The ATI tool won't let me slow the memory and GPU speeds down to 500mhz, How do I do it or what bios do I need that allows 16 pipes but slower memory? (My card is an ATI brand card)