How to enable Chrome Wmode-Direct ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X7007, Dec 7, 2014.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    How can we enable this mode for youtube and other embed flash , because when not in full screen it's just using Software Acceleration , Hardware Acceleration instead Hardware , Hardware.

2. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    For YouTube you might want to give YouTubeCenter a try. I am currently using it on Firefox and quite happy with the results. It also gives several other customization options specific to YouTube as well.

3. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i just tried youtube centre on latest firefox beta and it does not work

videos throw up errors about having to try later .. turn it off and boom works again

4. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
    Pepper Flash

Window mode acceleration only works with the Pepper Flash player that is bundled with Chrome. You can check chrome://plugins to see if you might have to disable any other version. You want to disable NPAPI version and enable PPAPI version.

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    For chrome and IE, it is force enabled by default, you just need to change this for Firefox. :)
    You can check for it by using YouTube Center, and then force Flash Player, then you can right click the Flash Player, and see the debug info.

6. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Make sure you are using the latest development build from github. The current "stable" build on addon center has problems.

7. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    ah,

cheers mate will take a look there, i used the version from the firefox addon page