Afterburner not keeping overclock after reboot

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by johnmambo, Mar 15, 2014.

1. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    So guys i never had this problem before with Afterburner. With other cards it always worked perfectly. Now i have this 280x and after the reboot my overclock is gone, in Afterburner screen the overclock is ok (1150 on gpu), but if i enter a game or a bench the clock just goes to the regular 1030. And yes the profile was saved and the option to apply the overclock on startup is selected, also Afterburner is starting with windows.
    To make it work again i need to adjust the clock slider again.
    Since i'm a long time user, and never had this problem, could be something with the 280x ?

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    This problem is usually caused by conflict with Catalyst Control Center.

Either disable CCC auto-start or add a delay to starting MSI Afterburner:

In MSIAfterburner.cfg (in Afterburner install dir), under [Settings], there is variable "StartupDelay". It sets the delay in milliseconds, so 20000 would mean 20 seconds.

3. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    EDIT: It worked - I set the delay for 15 seconds. You are the man, thank you so much for this work around.

Thank you so much for this. I have been looking for a solution and no one has taken the time to answer my question. Fantastic (if this works).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  4. I just tried this and it whenever I try saving the cfg file it says access denied.

5. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Copy the config file to somewhere else (i.e. Documents, desktop) and then edit it there and paste it back into the program files directory.

6. Thank you I appreciate it. It worked.