MSI Afterburner 4.0.0 Official(2014-9-4)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

XMas is approaching and new MSI AB is around the corner ;) Stay tuned!

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Ho Ho Ho :)

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You tease :D

4. Unwinder

Nope, that was not a teasing. But now I do tease you with some pixelated screen :) We've got nice skin designer in AB team so application face changed drastically. Of course, the previous original AB GUI will be available as well. Hope you guys will like it.

[​IMG]

5. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    They'll like it to bits Alex. :)

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

If you squint your eyes just right..... :D

Looking forward to it :)

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well if you put it out for new year's I will still see it like that :cheers:

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Sorry Unwinder i have to revise what i said i did throughout testing now and still your capture code and your nvenc code are superior compared to others also your multithreading behavior and so the generated overhead inclusively the therefore in the end result Performance/Quality just superior against the ones like Mirillis (Polish) or Bandisoft (Asians) pretty astonishing piece of Windows Code :)

But this only takes on if you really disable all Polling related Hardware overhead and disable the Hardware monitoring (Pause) it as well in the Afterburner (Rivatuner) Core ;)

Anyways you still WIN ;)

Also OBS has no Chance against your overall Code Performance (their Capture Performance is still weaker compared to all others, to much Multithreading problems) ;)

Most probably it will be the best but only due to its mostly 0 overhead in the capturing stack because of their magic NVFBC.

This is a pretty big advantage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But the Magic is how well do the others (3rd Parties) without Nvidias Magic Modes on Windows NT ;)

Though i would say Bandisoft also made good decisions about the Performance/Quality they can beat Mirillis in their Decisions of how to setup the Encoder ;)

Mirillis has the lowest quality output of all they try to get as much as performance as possible (Temporal Result) it seems ;)

Unwinder is it possible to reduce Afterburners overhead even more then just disabling the Hardware Pooling ?

Also i think the overhead of writing MP4 should be lower then MKV shouldn't it ?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  9. Unwinder

Video capture "efficiency" have zero relation to hardware polling and furthermore it doesn't depend on the output container (mp4 vs mkv).

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    At least 2 fast polling is still problematic in terms of generated overhead and therefore more issues (frame drops,stutter, streaming issues, uneven frametime distribution) and i like to keep polling (driver interrupt) related windows kernel issues always out of the equation ;)

Especially nowadays everything inside a 3D Engine becomes more problematic in terms of Multithreading and Timing issues (more time critical then ever), especially with a 60 FPS 16.67 ms target under Windoze.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015