Razer DeathAdder Mouse Gets an Update

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Razer introduced an updated version of its DeathAdder mouse. The new 2013 edition features a 4G infrared sensor with 6400 dpi and has additional rubber side grips for better mouse control. The DeathAd...

Razer DeathAdder Mouse Gets an Update

2. awesome mouse.. i've the oldest razer death adder and i love it (the build quality is not the best one because my first death adder died after a year but it love how the mouse fits my hand perfectly). i'll definitely upgrade to the new death adder xD

3. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    My deathadder has by far proved to be the best mouse i ever used. I hope it doesn't die for years to come. Anyways, this is good news that deathadder gets an update and i am surely going to grab one for my new rig.

Thanks for the info HH.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I loved my Deathadder.
    But the new Razer drivers dont allow you to use the drivers features unless you are online.
    For this reason I have stopped recommending Razer.

You can use older drivers ok still, but for new products needing a new driver, you are out of luck.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's not true. You can still use the Synapse 2.0 software without internet access if you already have a Razer acount. The only time you need the internet is if you dont have an account and are just setting one up.

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    yes. give me 10 mins and ill post a vid.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    ok cool :)

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Processing is taking longer than expected. Youtube has been taking forever as of late to process videos.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Video is up Mufflore. Check it HERE

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Thanks, very good of you.
    I'm happy.
    I've updated the other thread for you.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No problem. it's just one less thing to knock of the Razer FUD list.

13. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I got the 3.5G and when I came back at home to connect it ( ~one week ago or so ), I found out about the Razer Fiasco... Needless to say how bad I felt. Meanwhile I got it from a store far away and I didn't try to search if they gonna accept it back. Anyway, that's my last time I get a Razer product.

And by the way, what's this type of articles? It reminds me Techpowerup; the giant billboard... Well, enough. Too much whining in a single comment.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    NiColaoS, I already made of an idiot of myself in this thread on the same topic, this should have let you avoid doing the same.
    Unless you have some other reason for disliking Razer?
    Check the posts above yours for clarity :)

15. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I don't get why people complain about having to be connected to the net, I agree it used to be slow and intrusive. But the latest synapse is very good, connects and gets your settings loaded fast, doesn't get in your face, updates your drivers automatically. Its a great idea really and hopefully continues to improve.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The least of my worries. For some reason the scaling (interpolation) being used for DPI in the synapse drivers on the 3.5 DA feels weird and messed up compared to the old 450/900/1800/3500 settings.

Here's to hoping it doesn't feel ****ed up on newer hardware that was build with synapse in mind.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Because if that was the case, just when your internet goes down and you decide to play a game to pass the time, you might not get your mouse to work how you like.
    Or if you are gaming with a laptop on a train for example.

But we dont have to worry :)
    I'm not enthused at having to create an account to use a mouse driver, but at least it isnt a deal breaker.

18. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Once registered, Synapse 2.0 works offline and never needs to be online again. So basically, a user creates an account, saves initial settings, and if there’s no internet connection, it doesn’t matter ‐ settings are saved on the client PC and are not synced to the cloud. Synapse 2.0 works offline. (this is a quote from Razer)

19. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I think I'll get that Synapse software for my Mamba.

btw, if you have an older DeathAdder and want an upgrade, you may choose from new DeathAdder and Mamba. They have virtually the same shape. Mamba introduced small dents on the sides to make it easier to pick up, then the new DeathAdder followed the same path.

If you want not-that super-expensive mouse, grab DA; if you want to pay a little extra for wireless and 2 extra buttons in LMB corner, grab Mamba. The only problems are price and that they're not as durable as the 1st DA.

20. snorge

snorge Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    If you don't like the Synapse software/driver why not just use the old one? Last I checked it is still available for download.