Nvidia GeForce 340.82 Beta/Dev Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SyntaX, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I don't have DR3 but anyone tried it @ stock clocks on their cpu?

2. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    It´s because they will drop suppor for dx10/dx9 cards and seeing how amd dropped support for those kind of cards 4 years ago and HD 5000
    /6000 gained a very little perfomance improvement, we can expect that for us too, maybe we are wrong maybe we are right, we never know until driver´s out.

3. GPUSMUG

GPUSMUG Guest

GPU:
    980 Ti SLI
    No leaked 343 drivers, Nvidia has really held a tight grip on them.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I actually think it's because the new GPU's have some driver specific features.

I was thinking about what the leaks were saying about dynamic downsampling and stuff. I bet all that is specific to the 980/970 and they didn't want it to leak. Like the only reason why someone with a 780Ti would sidegrade is if there were some cool marquee features that came with the new series (that is if the performance is roughly the same). So if you're a company and want people to switch, wouldn't you make those features specific to the new series only?

idk just a guess.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, I did as well as Admin plus various Windows compatibility modes too; the game still crashes with any v340.xx that I've tried (v340.43, v340.52 and v340.76).

The only driver that I've tested so far that is 100% stable with Dead Rising 3 is v337.88, which I'm using now. Ironically, the v340.43 drivers were automatically installed at one point (either by Windows Update or GF Experience) without me knowing and the game started crashing again within 15 minutes leading me at first to think that the v337.88 drivers were also unstable. Thankfully, I realised what had happened and reinstalled v337.88 and the game has been running fine since with no crashes. And since the last patch the game now exits to the desktop straight away (previously it took 1 to 3 minutes!!!) plus the flickering shadows in the garage appeared to have been fixed too when I played a few days ago.

All we need now is compatible drivers from NVIDIA or a patch from the developers to support the v34x.xx drivers as I do not like having to use older drivers just to play one game, mainly because I play lots of other games too and newer drivers typically have fixes/improvements for those.

From what I've been able to ascertain, the developers at one point were blaming the drivers for the crashes and NVIDIA were claiming it was the developers fault! I'm not sure quite whose fault it really is, I don't care, I just want to be able to install new drivers *and* play new games without crashes and other issues.

6. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    True is Dead Rising 3 is crappy port, even worse that "great" Watch Dogs which even looks more better that DR3, where in a lot of places you can find low res,blur textures and blurry shadows, don't know why DR3 have higher system req that for example BF4 which is running on my PC Ultra/High 900p +60fps and looks more better that Dead "Crap" Rising 3 from C(r)apcom ;)
    Days where C(r)apcom was doing nice and solid PC version are over sad but true.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think the problem with Dead Rising 3, and this applies equally to the underwhelming 720p/30 FPS Xbox One version as well, is that the game was originally intended for the Xbox 360 before being shunted onto the next-gen platform. I don't think the engine has been optimised very well for the Xbox One or PC and that is why it is extremely demanding on the hardware, more so than any other game as Digital Foundry commented in their analysis of the PC game a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-dead-rising-3-pc

I very much doubt the developers will be able to optimise the game much, it would not be cost-effective and I suspect the game only came to the PC to recoup some of the losses from lower-than-expected Xbox One sales. I also doubt that new drivers will improve things much either but, no doubt, in 2-4 years time the more powerful PCs will be able to handle this game better by virtue of having faster CPUs and GPUs. Remember how poorly the first Far Cry and Crysis ran at launch and how well they run now?

8. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Yeah but Crysis was using graphical effects which would be come standard in releases till about 3-5 years later. Here the game just runs like **** and generally looks only OK at best.

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    3-5 years only ? Even today some games look worse than the first Crysis..And it's almost 7 years old.

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    When you mod it, it still blows many games out of the water.

Now the only thing needed is a true texture/mesh overhaul. Something which Maldo should do but I guess by now all modders have moved on. My one wish will be to see a mod which overhauls the grass meshes with 3D sprites instead of 2D.

Character detail is still surprisingly good, but the first Crysis has a very terrible draw distance. Once you work around that, the cpu requirements hit the roof, and for running Xigmatech's Xtreme Config, I don't think we have CPUs with the Single Threaded Performance yet.