Recording feature (Performance Hit x Quality) question...

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by jvmagni, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    I've tested many configs but couldn't reach to one that I'm satisfied enough. Would like to know if there's any specific configuration I can use in AB that hurts less the performance and give me an acceptable recording quality.

PS: Recording BF3 @ 720P, 1\2 frame size, Uncompressed (compressed I can't render in Vegas 11).

Thanks!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Uncompressed recodring puts HUGE load on your disk subsystem. It is not a smart idea to use it without RAID or SSD setup (and context help clearly informs you about it btw). Use compression and solve your problem with Vegas (in Vegas support forum, if you're legal Vegas owner) or use alternate video editing software.

3. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Thanks for the reply. Well, I'm using RAID and I don't see much performance loss when running with SLI OFF. I'm gonna try to fix the problem with the MJPG and Vegas since the files in uncompressed mode are huges... If I found a fix I post here....

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

5. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Intersting!

I think I found a fix for MJPG and Vegas, will confirm here and I'll let you know! :banana: