Assassin's Creed Unity

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nothing is parked.

It doesnt cripple performance, but it can cause jitter right before it goes back to more spread multithreading (by streaming data), when looking around the mouse swipe isn't smooth like by idk Crysis3.
    [​IMG]

No AA, im using SMAA and it looked good, didnt try anything more demanding yet. Think its just HBAO+ issues, but I also use nvidia godrays could be a combo of that too, basic fog looks kinda dull - tested it once to see the difference and perf. impacts. Also I must use fps cap (now 70fps cap)

Guess I expected too much, its ubisoft after all and the way they patch their beta games. :3eyes: :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Unity runs very well here, always has even at launch. It definitely improved with the latest patch + new drivers.
    Getting 50-60fps on average with drops to the 40s when in a densely crowded area.. Hardly game breaking, I'm fine with sub60 framerate but not sub 30.

3. binaryStar

binaryStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    What AA setting do you use?

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    got 10fps gain with low textures and 1440x900. My prev. settings which i always used due best performance. Still too bad performance with high textures and/or 1680x1050.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Getting 40-50fps where i was getting 25fps before Omega. Really playable state.

Ultra, shadows high, fxaa.
    [​IMG]

6. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Patch 4 release date: December 18th
    Platforms: Steam available 12/18/14 and on Uplay 12/19/14
    Size: 6.7 GB

Source

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Eh, the patch is on Steam *before* Uplay? How does that work exactly when the Steam version has to launch the game via Uplay in the first place? /confused

Anyway, is TXAA working properly now? TXAA seems to look really poor in recent Ubisoft games IMO...Far Cry 4 is terrible as is The Crew (the latter looks a jaggy mess no matter what AA method you apply).

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. Does the game have tessellation added yet? I seem to recall reading that it would be added post-release but I find it absurd that a month later it has still not being implemented. I hate to say this but sometimes I wonder if NVIDIA would be best steering clear of Ubisoft games as their bonus "features" are frequently disappointing (PhysX and TXAA for example) and the games still run better on AMD hardware anyway!!! lol

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well "disappointing" features are always better than no features.

After everything that has happened, i think the priority is getting performance as good as possible before anything power hungry is added.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No tessallation has been added. Even though the release notes say that the issue with TXAA has been fixed, FXAA still looks better. Still no patch through Uplay yet.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  12. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  13. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    6.7 gb update and we are alright with that? Too bad it wasn't Ubi who pissed off the North Koreans. We are giving these developers to much leniency with this selling broken/unfinished games bullsh*t. Be in mind my contempt derives from being on limited bandwidth thus not being able to download these updates. But that shouldn't detract from the cash grab these lazy developers have been pulling. I'd be in the right to send my retail version of this game back to Ubi with a fresh, turned not so fresh, turd in the box.

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^
    Better yet, gift the game to Kim Jong Un and let the chips fall where they may. He's on my Steam 'friends' list; I'll put you in touch.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The PC patch is 5,444 MB on Uplay, likely compressed so it is probably still be 6.7 GB uncompressed. I'm downloading it now. Seems the game can be played once 20% of this patch have been downloaded which is nice as on the consoles you had no choice but to wait until the entire patch has been downloaded if you wanted to play the latest build of the game.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Prior to download, my AC folder with current DLC installed, was 42.5GB. With the patch installed, it's now 41.6GB. It looks like some files were removed. I'll have to go though my backup and see what is missing.

17. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    No real performance inprovement for me. Still hovers around 30fps, max settngs with TXAA. Might wait until I get my second 970 before I play.

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Downloaded the patch, and there's a bit of good and bad. Good news is that performance has definitely increased, and LoD pop in for NPCs has also noticeably improved.

Bad news is that I now have texture flickering, which I'm certain is related to SLI :bang:

19. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Textures are flickering here as well, in the Cafe Theatre. But I think this has been the case all along, I just noticed it now.
    Performance is improved ,Notre Dame and Vendôme, are smoother. It's a far cry from a 60fps experience though, it still drops to 50 in some situations.

Very much playable by my standards. Maximum settings with AA set to FXAA.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  20. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Uplay's patching system is terrible. I had to start Uplay first, click on Unity, Verify the Files, then start the game for it to detect that a patch needed to be downloaded :bang::bang::bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.