7.1 sound card advice

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by uVSthem, Sep 22, 2013.

1. uVSthem

uVSthem Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 SLI
    Does anyone have a recommendation on what is a good sound card to get for gaming and Bluray audio that supports a 7.1 speaker set up. I was looking to get the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD but the few websites I tried to buy it from have it listed as currently unavailable which kind of makes me doubt that getting it a wise decision.

Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD web page.
    http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_hometheater_hd.php

2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    That's the best soundcard ever made imo, and ROBSCIX who moderates this section :) It's the only card with true high definition analog 7.1 pcm output... :) Difficult to find them these days, but if one is available to buy, I say sold :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Ragdoll actually its not the only card with full blu ray analog audio, the Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 /w H6 (Deluxe) is the original card that came out that had it before the X-FI HDMI did. But those are harder to fine.

OP. The Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe(H6 board) is find able on ebay but I don't know how much it cost.

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Yes, but you need the addon board...

regards,
    RagDoll.

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It still a alt option and I mention the HDAV1.3 Deluxe which comes with the card and the addon board which is called the H6 board.

6. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    IIRC, The Xonar Essence ST supports the H6 add-on too for 7.1 (check if 5.1 only?)\, so it's worth looking into if you can know what DACs are used for the additional outputs and whether it's worth it over a true 7.1 card that doesn't use an add-on to achieve 7.1 output.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yasamoka the op Wanted Full blu ray audio thru analog, the Xonar ST wont do that, instead it will downmix the blu ray audio to 16bit/48khz. The op wants to be able to watch blu ray movies in their intended 24bit/96khz (192khz) format in analog thru his 7.1 setup. The X-FI HDMI and the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe is the only two sound cards that can handle Full Blu ray audio, without it being downmixed when using analog.

The Xonar ST /W H6 would only work if the op didn't care about playing his blu ray movies with their HD audio ******.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Ah hmm, note taken, didn't notice that one.

9. uVSthem

uVSthem Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 SLI
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to try to pick up a Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD. Being X-Fi base, I assume it has the same compatibly as a Sound Blaster so it will work better with older games that have EAX audio plus the fact that I don't have to deal with an add-on board is nice.

Does anyone know why if they stopped making these card and if so, why? Should be worried that there is an issue with them being that nobody has them in stock. Maybe a new version of the card is coming out soon?