Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    And now play latest Hitman on lowest difficulty, compare both...and? Its the same level on difficulty or is easy on latest Hitman really easier than easy?

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Maybe it's just me, but I tend to prefer online games for "difficulty", as AI in just about any game is predictable. SP games are all about story, ambience, moments, etc. That's not saying I want SP games to be easy, because easy irregardless is boring, but there can be a lot more slack.

Back on topic, but still in regards to the last few posts, DAI on normal and not using tac cam is perfectly fine and doesn't seem to ruin the gameplay at all.

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    No, because I agreed with your comments. But Bioware isn't following that example very well in this case.

Hell BF4 uses the same exact engine and can do this.

4. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    (watching youtube videos)

Doesn't this game have auto attack?

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Not for the player character, you hold the button/trigger down to keep attacking in a chain.

6. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    my prouded is finishing warhead on the amiga i think. loved that game :)

7. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    It's uncomparable. H:A on highest difficulty is easier than the normal difficulty of the first one. But first Hitman has some serious bugs, lame AI and so on.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    The thing is u better pick most suitable regions and quests for ur LEVEL. iam level 17 and entered a new region which i should do previously. enemy s lvl 11 mostly and too easy. dayum.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Right after I got to Skyhold I went to Hissing Wastes and then Emerald Graves.
    I was 13 or 14 I think. Was like wow, I guess I really had to 100% the first 3 zones.

11. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Also check origin there is currently a free MP update expansion. Right click your game and select view game details and you can download it.

In addition, if you want to upgrade your non deluxe version to deluxe you can pay $10 to upgrade your game.

12. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yeah, I found out the same thing the hard way in Dragon Age: Origins (which I started for the first time this month). I go mad enough at the game that I quit it and went and played through a different game for the third time. So much potential in DA:O, but many aspects of the game are as frustrating as turtles mating in hot ****.

*I'll go back and finish the second half of it soon.

13. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The difficulty scaling is more broken in this game than any other I have played.

At the start normal is quite difficult but after about 14 hours in everything was a cakewalk, I ended up changing to hard and despite the fact that I was actually dying I was still winning every fight with ease, I would just take 2 seconds to revive and keep steamrolling through. It just meant that instead of never even needing to use potions I would use a potion for a 20th of a second every now and then. Enemies went down just as fast, and now at almost 40 hours I am considering bumping the difficulty up again because it's just too easy.

I hope they patch the game so that even if they don't scale up above you that they are never more than 2 levels below you. I am killing dragons 3 levels above me first attempt.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    since the day 1 i wanted to buy a deluxe upgrade but cant find..where is it ?

15. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    I'm really struggling. I'm around level 7/8 and playing on Nightmare (I completed Origins on Nightmare for comparison). I keep running into things in the Hinterlands that are almost impossible to complete right now. For example several of the rifts. Those terrors keep appearing and flattening me and I've worked out that I'm supposed to build guard with Cassandra but she still keeps getting knocked flying. Sera can't stay alive (I have her as a two-weapon fighter) and Blackwall isn't much better (I have him as a Two-Handed warrior). So consequently, I spend most of my time running around finding landmarks and such to grind my level slowly upwards so I can tackle them.

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Dont think its placebo, but with the new drivers the game runs better.

Also, SSAO looks better than hbao...

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This game, regardless if you play on normal, hard or even nightmare is actually a challange until you reach about level 10, get a good class specialization, respec and start crafting some good gear with runes etc. After that it's a faceroll. My first playthrough was on hard, now I'm playing on nightmare, and it's exactly the same pattern. Prologue was so far the hardest part lol.

18. Peakr

Peakr Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    At least on NV hardware, I posted comparisons earlier in the thread. Have you tried HBAO Full? For me the game seems to black screen and the computer needs a power cycle. Try the new drivers in a bit.

Edit:
    Just tested new NV drivers. Using the in game benchmark I got a 5fps increase in both AVG and MIN framerate and most of the stuttering is gone. Usually after playing for a while I'd zone into Skyhold or stutter city, seems to be fixed now.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  19. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    Good to know. Thank you.

20. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    first main baddy boss fight was near impossible for me on nightmare, now i stomp over everything.
    they really screwed up letting you being overleveled for main quest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.