Let's talk Flat Earth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Fox2232, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol..

I don't get the flat earth thing, I don't think I ever will either. Like there are definitely some conspiracies that have some merit - I'll entertain the idea of it - but flat earth just makes zero sense to me.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    We butt heads, but I agree with your statement, completely.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Gravitation bends space time, from that perspective the earth is very fractionally flatter but only in the space in which it occupies. From an outside observer it is very fractionally more curved. This relationship changes with a change in mass. If the Earth were solid Osmium but the same size, the flatness and curveness would be greater. In both cases, neither are observable with current technology. Of course, there's then the theory that the whole universe is flat and 'projected' from a 2D surface. That 2D surface could have infinite universes on it, just like the 2D surface could be just a single layer with infinite number of layers above and below it. Think of it like a block of graphene with never ending dimensions. If this were the case, it still wouldn't make the Earth flat, as the Earht is a three dimensional projection fom the two dimentional surface.

The claim of a flat Earth was perpectuated as a means of control over people by a religous organisation that I won't mention since it's one of their main celebratory moments currently... Besides, Eratosthenes is a little hard to pronounce.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's known as the Hologram Principal. I've brought that up here. A 2D window in, is different than a 2D plane

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  7. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Anyone that believes(or even entertains) this mindless nonsense is an ignorant fool.imo

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  9. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
  10. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    seeing how we never seen earth will never know cant trust anything nasa does they even said all there space pics of the earth is cgi

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    If it's flat, so what? What's the next course of action? That's one thing I wonder. If the world is a hologram, or if it's flat, etc..what then? Not much to do about it, so what's the point?

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Agreed. Add to the list the people who believe the Earth is only 5,000 years old as well.

13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I agree. How do they view the other planets? As pizza's in the sky? I'd love to try a Jupiter.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I was reading that they believe that they are actually planets

Just earth is flat for some special reason

as if that makes any more sense

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    Lol yup I agree .... Some people will believe any old crap lmfao and even argue it ... Wtf each to their own but lmfao ....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    To save me reading a bunch of nonsense, can anyone tell me whether any of their theories discuss tides?

17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    They are just plain nuts. Flat is only the tip of the iceberg. We are in a snow globe. Think about it. Global warming is a result of the sun heating the space inside the snow globe. Someone just forgot to open the vents or the vents are stuck closed.

Being in a snow globe makes perfect sense in that it also proves that the moon landings and what not never happened. We are all wrapped in our tiny cocoon. It also lends credence to the magnetic poles flipping and the resulting catastrophic events that would entail. Just amounts to someone or something flipping the snow globe upside down; a redistribution of the material on the surface we call earth. The rain is just the condensation collecting on the shell of the globe from the heat of the sun. Everything ties in beautifully.

This is my theory and I am sticking to it. Flat earth, they refuse to see the rest of the picture.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    You got to love people, flat earth, god, supernatural, magic, afterlife, alien abductions, miracles, bigfoot, loch ness monster, a soul, a gtx970 with a full 4 gig.........such a vivid imagination we as humans have. Lol

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    wait, lochness monster ain't real?

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^I am sorry to have broken the news, if you need help recovering from the shock i have some healing stones that will help you heal inside, only £500 each, money back guaranteed if they are nothing more than stones picked up from the ground, and that is a guarantee. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.