LG C7P 65" Our New LG

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by rcca, Aug 6, 2017.

1. rcca

rcca Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6GB
    We own a Panasonic 50" plasma for 9 years, gave to a friend, had no problem with it, picture was great, bad part, was old, 690 watts, ran hot, lucky we have air-conditioning, screen would be 118 degrees. Looked great on our wall.
    Saw the LG, read a lot of reviews, lot of 4-5 likes. Very few dislikes, but matter of preferences, it met our preferences.
    Keep in mind, had to move our wall bracket 10-11" lower because the LG screen is 19" higher from the electronic hardware parts, were the TV bracket mounts.
    Got it mounted, looks fantastic, one thing we already knew, had to use a digital optical wire for our Bose 535 lifestyle sound system. Sound sound super with our LG.
    We did some tweaking in the set up picture mode, and more, used Rting's calibration web site for some ideas.
    My laptop looks great for some light gaming looks great!
    Now for the best part for us, PRICE! Video Only beat everyone so for $2799.99 and their warranty $139.00 for 5 years. 60.00 set up and delivery.
    That's it for now! Love our LG! When kicking in a 4K program too! Used YouTube for some 4k's streaming, Fantastic!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Sounds exciting and congratulations. I am eyeballing OLED myself. How is the input lag when playing games and dare I ask the color quality?

Can you show a picture of the beauty with a game on it? :D

3. rcca

rcca Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6GB
    Have not tested completely on games had my FSX simulator up for a short while, colors were pretty good, have to do more testing, using a old laptop, GPU old, but fair.
    Been very busy, will have to get back to you some time.
    I had my 4TB Seagate drive hooked up to my Sony blu-ray, was slow to the LG, so then I hooks up the Seagate directly to the LG USB, now the Seagate is faster, real faster through the TV.

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Grats on the new box.

Reviews are certainly praiseworthy, but one reviewer mentioned the teevee having issues with the dynamic light changes with HDR content; were they correct? I think it's called "ABL"

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Looking forward to your updates. I tried to get a look at the new Sony A1, didn't see it but did see the X1 on demo (OLED)! Amazing with the LG OLED panel as always...

6. rcca

rcca Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6GB
    Okay, here is a update gaming,
    Keep in mind that my Laptop is old, W7, Med. grade GPU(graphic card). My games are old, I just installed Ghost Recon 2 to see how laptop an our new LG would handle it.
    Using setup in the LG picture Mode Cinema(user), even switched the Mode to gaming, just noticed in brightness changes.
    Recon 2 went vary well, colors looked real good, no lag at all, and my other games. 3 games Medal of honor and MVP2003, and MS Train Sim LG screen went green, only Medal of Honor, I restarted game, screen picture then was OK now, not MVP. And MS Train Sim.
    NASCAR 2003 went well, looked real good too!
    Tiger Woods 2006 looked great.
    There were 3 games that would load up in my Laptop and as soon as game would start, the LG screen went black, don't know why, but I find out the older I get the less patient I get, so did not research it out why screen goes black, 2 of the games are Microsoft, FS9, MS combat2 these 2 would load up too, starts to run then go to airport
    and screen goes black.
    Well that is the end of my testing.
    Oh! forgot, I tried NBA K10, that went well, looked great!
    Hope this helps you?
    I did not play games on my 50" plasma, but every game would play on the plasma, no black screen. Do I miss my 50" plasma, NO! No looking back.
    Also wife uses the LG for herself, which she loves our LG, only time I would do games on the LG is when she is away with her girl friends and other stuff.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Sorry wrong thread.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017