Weird issues with xfire 390x

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Yadinx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Yadinx

Yadinx Guest

GPU:
    R9 390x
    Hello friends ! !

I hope y'all are doing great . Recently I bought another R9 390x strix that I know for sure it works. My idea was to xfire the thing with the old one. But I can't play any single game because it freezes up. (just the game, Windows 10 works just fine.)

The weird part is that I can use crossfire when I use old drivers, like 15.1 or 16.1, anything higher it fails miserable (including the last one from yesterday )

I had clean install every single driver J tries with DDU and I even reinstall Windows just to make sure.

My build :

Motherboard Asus Z97m plus.
    16GB DDR3 (standard nothing crazy )
    A 1000W PSU (I can't recall the name)
    Two Hdds on raid
    One plextor m.2
    One Korean monitor 1440p
    One LG 34um67 with freesync enable.

I like to fix things myself but I just ran out of ideas .

Another thing: I made sure both card were sync up, and enabling or disabling freesync didn't made much of a difference , although without freesync I could play GTA V for awhile before it cash.

For my test I used the following games: GTA V, Bioshock infinite , the witcher 3 wild hunt, total war Rome. And with the old drivers the performance was lackluster at best, even when both cars where working .

Thanks in advance, I need ideas

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    This has been an issue I have had for the last couple of Win 10 Insiders builds. THe exact same issue I have reported with each build.

What I have had to do is revert back to build 14951. All builds since then have caused me this issue. I have a R9 390 and R9 290 crossfired.

Since this is a windows 10 insider issue involving crossfire do not expect MS to fix it fast.

The AMD driver versions do not matter I tried many different versions.

So the only known solution I have at this time is to revert to build 14951.

3. Yadinx

Yadinx Guest

GPU:
    R9 390x
    Thanks I will it give a shot. The weird part is that crossfire works on older drivers like 15.7, with some performance issues. I will let you know in a couple of hours.

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

Hmm that is a bit disturbing, I did not go that far back with drivers.

5. Yadinx

Yadinx Guest

GPU:
    R9 390x
    I just recently installed Windows, so far it looks good. I was able to play the witcher 3 without issues. Still I will do more tests and I will try to plug in my second monitor. If it works okay something is really wrong with the lasted versions of windows.