AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA6 (13.250.18.0 October 24)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. frag85

frag85 Member

GPU:
    GTX275 SLI
    Was it a 'static' tear? I have 3 monitors, 2 on mDP>DVI and one DVI. On the miniDP ports using an active DVI adapter (the one that comes with the card) I get a static tear about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way from the top. It doesn't behave like what I'd call tearing, its just the top 1/3 of the screen is rendered a couple frames ahead of the bottom, it is especially noticeable in the Cryengine, like Mechwarrior Online. It is really annoying. It seems to happen more on 1 screen than the other miniDP w/ DVI adapter screen. The screen connected to the DVI port exhibits normal tearing when Vsync is off.

No change with the 13.11b6 drivers.

My CF7970 setup sits in 3d clocks with the newer drivers (from 13.10b and 13.11b versions) to prevent this. I have a profile that forces 2d clocks/voltages and everything still works fine, even a game like Minecraft or Limbo works fine at these '2d' clocks (300mhz .85v). Watching videos/movies still work the same, as far as I can tell.

It saves ~80watts at idle. IDK why AMD forces 3d clocks if you have crossfire/eyefinity. Its not needed.

I just got done playing BF3 for 3 hours, runs fine.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    have you disabled ulps?

3. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    These drivers work perfectly fine in all the games I've played with them (BF3, various indie games) - no complaints there. I can't really tell if the BF3 performance has increased, as I am always capped at 60fps.

I DID have a video driver crash last night though (you know the type - your aero turns off and your GPU usage and fan speed climb up) but it resolved itself like usual. Not a huge issue at all. (If you don't already know, if this happens to you just ride it out, the driver will usually restart and things will go back to normal in ~1 minute)

This was on a 100% clean installed driver on the desktop with no load being put on the GPU.

Other than that, that's the only issue I've encountered thus far; and a very minor one at that. I guess I should count myself lucky as I am one of those people who have never had issues with any driver.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    It is an issue from the game, not the drivers. I had restarts with beta 1, 2, 3 and now 6.

5. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    Was surprised that my 7990 was having bad performance with MSAA at 8x in Batman Arkham Origins.

With this drivers the problemĀ“s solved.

6. punk2k6

punk2k6 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7990
    What's your fps on it just wondering

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've had no reboots at all with PoE with any driver.

8. GraveWalker

GraveWalker Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850 IceqX 2GB
    Drivers seem pretty decent to me, odd black screen flicker when I apply my overclock settings but otherwise stable.

9. iamgamefreak

iamgamefreak Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 Ti
    Is it necessary to install CCC ? I mean since it has problems loading up and all. I use the device manager method to install the drivers. Although I'm not having any problems, I was wondering if installing CCC will give any performance improvements.

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    No, it doesn't affect on performance, and, as hd6xxx series gpu user, you can use ati tray tools instead of ccc, it is powerful tool for overclocking and changing basic driver settings like forcing aa, af, v-sync and for many advanced settings like adding new aa methods. Unfortunately program is a bit "old" and doesn't support hd7xxx and later series of gpus. Before installing read this article, you may need informations from it:
    http://themaningrayhat.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/ati-tray-tools-atipdlxx-error-fix/

11. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think he can use RadeonPro, right? ;)

12. exper46

exper46 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 OC
    How do I fix microstutter on Fifa 13 at latest catalyst(13.x)?No microstutter at catalyst 12.11 beta 11 but 13.x series drivers do micro stutter at Fifa 13 when games started after 5-10 minutes.

13. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    One and only one issue so far - god damn RAPTR (AMD Gaming Evolved App)!

I pray to God that in future AMD delete it from Catalyst package or maybe add option to uncheck this bullsh*t software at the beginning of the drivers installation!

BTW from now on AMD Cleanup Utillity displays error message - something about Raptr.msi!:bang:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Custom installation - uncheck? If not you can always uninstall the damn thing.

15. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Nope - this is not available - whether you like it or do not want to you MUST install this!

One other thing - Catalyst package installer is bugged - I installed those drivers couple of times and sometimes AMD Gaming Evolved App won't install at all...

Also one time installer installed AMD Dual Core Optimizer!

Weird like hell!

16. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    Try c:\program files (x86)\ Raptr and run the uninstall.exe to get rid of it, if it isnt listed under add/remove programs

And you should have the option to untick it during a custom installation.
    The AMD Catalyst Install Manager actually tells you this when you first start the installation.
    It says....
    Note: Express includes the AMD Gaming Evolved app powered by Raptr which optimizes your game settings for an improved gameplay experience. Select Custom if you do not wish to have this installed.

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just installed 13.11 BETA6 just like that (unchecking the AMD Gaming Evolved App), no Raptr installed after driver install.

Totally different matter though, but did nobody else notice that IOMMU v2 driver for 8.1?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    there is a way to get rid of it completely same goes for .net framework.
    just go to install the driver and it will put the files in c/AMD/
    go to the apps folder and delete the folders then go to run setup and you wont get the option to unselect or even select .net or there app lol

19. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    I can't untick it during a custom installation! I checked that few times!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Are these the one's for BF4?