any1 have amd pluggin?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by crazyguy08, Jan 21, 2009.

1. crazyguy08

crazyguy08 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX285
    Id love to monitor or see my CPU temps as im gamming. I do use CoreTemp and CPUid and all that but the way i have my OSD set up is so i can see the GPU//Fan SPD// PCB Temp since using the new case, it has a fan that blows on the GPU and the CPU, i noticed lower PCB temps on card and the Artic64 is ahhhhmazing for keeping the amd6000+ at or less that 30c at all times.
    its just a simple issue of being able to monitor all my important specs while games for hours and not having to worry about alt+tabbing to see any stats
    i know there is one out for the intel chip but cant google any for AMD

Thanks!!

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Try CPUCoreDiode from here.

3. crazyguy08

crazyguy08 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX285
    burebista- you are a friggin' hero in my book! it works wonderfully , the russian looking page was looking kinda iffy but your info was dead-on! thanks soo much this was what i been looking for since june! that should be a sticky for us AMD guys

4. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    LOL, why didn't you ask earlier? :D
    I've used it on X2 3800+ for two years. Now I'm on Intel and I'm very happy with RealTemp plugin. :)

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Unability to use search always amazed me :) Making this thread sicky too.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Mmm
    Just placed this dll plugin in the appropriate folder. (AMD Phenom X4 9850 on a GA MA790FX DS5 board) I clicked to activate the plugin and got only three cores and I am unable to do any setups for. like OSD in try etc. The setup button is greyed out.

7. crazyguy08

crazyguy08 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX285
    lol def sticky worthy, and ill say it again, i been searching for a good PC forum and you guys waste no time in responding to posts! and yes search feature is good but after signing up with 4 lame forums, i got lay-z....

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Just to consolidate info, I'll note here also that CpuCoreDiode.dll does not seem to work with AMD Phenom II proc's (at least for me).

I used this plugin successfully with AMD Athlon X2 6000+ to view core temps in RivaTuner. When I changed to the 940, there was no longer a selectable option in the Hardware Monitoring>Setup fields for cpu core temp readings (and obviously, no graphs).

Hopefully somebody else with Phenom II proc can confirm, otherwse I might just have something set up wrong. (wouldn't be the 1st time)

9. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Bump.

Any theories on why CPUCoreDiode works for AMD X2 but not AMD Phenom II X4?

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Why don't you contact the plugin creator (email is specified in the plugin readme, AFAIR) and ask HIM instead of endless bumps in different threads HERE?

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Already did.

And I see another w/ Phenom II has already confirmed it.

So my hard work paid off. :) (not trying to get under your skin bro)

12. Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo New Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon X1950XT 256agp
    Hello! Is there a cpu temp plug-in for Ahtlon XP 3000+ (socket A)?
    Now I use Motherboard monitor, but I'd like to use Rivatuner to display the info on the logitech G15 keyboard monitor.

13. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Everest Ultimate Edition can be used with Rivatuner to monitor CPU temperatures as well as CPU/Core usage and motherboard temperatures. In 'Preferences' click on 'External Applications' (at the bottom) then check 'Enable shared memory'. I think Everest is one of the best system information tools about, however unless you want to buy it then that link will give you the trial version only.

Since it is a trial version it will block some information including sensor readings, never the less it shouldn't block all readings and apart from sensor information there are multiple pages with the same information so you can usually find what you're looking for somewhere.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  14. Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo New Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon X1950XT 256agp
    There isn't a simply plug in for Rivatuner, without installing another program?

15. crazyguy08

crazyguy08 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX285
    You guys rock for making this a sticky, I had just installed the 2.24 and it wiped out all my programmed commands! wtf and it still dont work with 185.85 lol oh well, Thanks for making this a sticky tho!!

16. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    You need to force RivaTuner to use it until Unwinder releases the next version (slated for sometime in June), "Power user" tab, "RivaTuner \ System", "ForceDriverVersion" and enter 18585. See this post.

17. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    I use rivatuner & speedfan plugin to display temps as well as loads of other useful info on my G15 lcd screen & via the OSD when I'm gaming so I can keep tabs on cpu & gpu temps as well as fan rpm etc.

18. xGhost4000x

xGhost4000x New Member

GPU:
    9800 gt 512mb (EVGA)
    Whats the best way to get AMD Phenom II x4 940 to appear in Riva Tuner and the OSD. Anyone please help?

19. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
  20. xGhost4000x

xGhost4000x New Member

GPU:
    9800 gt 512mb (EVGA)
    WOW thanks! I wasn't expecting such quick response! And it worked! You rock! Thanks again!