Where are the minclocklimit/maxclocklimit registry entries???

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Dr. Vodka, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    I´m tired of using the forceware´s driver ocing, but with the drivers I can go upto 600/700. With rivatuner I can go 415/430, but as you know I can clock my card´s memory ti 555 mhz-

I was reading the help, and saw these entries, I searched them but I cant find them in the rt´s registry editor.

Anyone knows where are they??

BTW i´m using the 66.93´s.

Edit: Anyone????

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

PowerUser tab -> Open RivaTuner.rtd database -> expand RivaTuner ... \ Overclocking \ Global

3. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    oh thanks Unwinder, now that I look abit more, I was using the 6693´s matched database, I was looking at the wrong file!!!

Thanks alot.

And keep up the good work!!! man you are the god of the videocards tweaking!!!!! congrats man you make the world better!!!!

4. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9100 250/200MHz
    Unwinder - thanks for the tip! :) Yes, RivaTuner / Overclocking / Global ... let user set their own limits. However it would be great, if latest RivaTuner v2.24c respect the limits I set.

When going to underclock, I set 1Hz, because I remember going around 8 or 12MHz at the lowest point with my FX 5200 card. However RivaTuner insist on 80MHz limits for both GPU and RAM:

[​IMG]

The ram clock is effective, so 40MHz in reality.

While this might be good for most, clearly it is nowhere near enought when you get serious on your hardware :)

Ah, there are the screens - see? 8MHz:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sadly, this one is dead:
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2985939

PS: as for the upper limit, there is a bug. I set 600MHz ... not such crazy numbers, lol. No... no no no no!

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

As for upper limit, it is always good to read what you change. There is a context help for it telling that value is specified in %. So it is not 600MHz, it is 600% of default clock.

6. trodas

trodas Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9100 250/200MHz
    Okay, but I'm much more interesed on removing the low GPU clock limit in the Forceware 45.28. What to do? Where should I look? What to change, edit, tweak...?

Using 71.89 (modified to even work on Vanta, lol! - 3D does not work..) drivers I had to setup 33MHz for the rams in 1024x768x16, so the picture is not trashed as the rams cannot manage to feed the data into RAMDAC in time:

[​IMG]
    (around 45MHz is need for 32bit depth)

So the ram clock limit 30MHz is probably okay and not need to be tweaked. The GPU clock limit 25MHz is too high, still. What could be done there?