1.0 GBps Link/Duplex Speed Issues

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by itsb1again, Jul 21, 2009.

1. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Okay guys this one's got me down for about 3 days now. I have a DGL-4500 D-Link Extreme N Gaming router. I just moved into a new house and decided to take care of a couple things that have always bothered me. Firstly I wired the entire house with Cat-6 cable. I then purchased this router because I have been using the oldie but goodie WRT54G Linksys Wireless router and it only supports 10/100 Lan. I Stream a lot of video from my computers to the Ps3 so now i need a faster lan hence all of the upgrading. ANYWAYS.. onto the question..

I cannot seem to get my pc to connect at anything over 100.0 MBps I've uninstalled/reinstalled NIC drivers on my board.. searched the manual a hundred times in d-link. I'm not sure if i'm actually getting the speed of 1.0 GBps if i leave it on auto negotiate or not. But everytime my network connects it shows as 100.0.. Any ideas?

I'm using:
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
    Realtek 8111C 10/100/1000 - Integrated
    :bang:

2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    What happens if you go into the Device Manager, the Properties of the NIC and change the rates to 1000Mb and Full Duplex Manually.

Also check the cables.

3. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    Strangest thing happened. My board has a integrated Realtek 8111C 10/100/1000 card. (Vista had a bum driver so i installed one off of Realteks ****ty website) - FAIL

So i searched google, found another driver, reinstalled to 8111B set it to 1.0 Gbps - FAIL

Go to sleep, wake up, go to work, come home... FIXED.. WTF my network is now connected at 1.0 Gbps.

So, problem solved. weird huh?

4. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Unplugging and replugging the cable sometimes works. Don't ask why.

A lot of onboard gigabit cards don't have the option to manually force 1000MB p/s so you have to keep them on auto and do the above.

this has happened to me quite a few times.

5. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Sleep = Win

Oddly enough, I had nearly an identical issue with a client's system. I never leave a jobsite without fixing the issue unless it's critical...but this one had me stumped. I left after about 6 hours on it. Next morning, he called me to asked me how I got it fixed. It just worked for some reason and he hasn't had an issue since.

6. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    and to think i was going insane. thanks guys ha! next project water cooling -_- can anybody recomend a good cpu waterblock?

7. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I can't tell you about any good waterblocks, but I will tell you that leaving it alone overnight won't cure leaks!

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD