Pre-recording issues?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by justaproblem, Jan 8, 2015.

1. justaproblem

justaproblem Guest

GPU:
    idk
    Here are my settings: http://i.imgur.com/8AL0T32.png

As I understand I start prerecording with F12, then when I press F11 it saves the last 2 minutes to my HDD.

However either OSD glitches or something else, after I press F11 to save the clip and then once more to stop live recording, it may take up to 2 minutes to BUF icon to reappear. So I don't know whether it's recording live, prerecording or doing nothing at all.

Any help please?

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    You have to set the amount of MB which it it is allowed to use for buffering.

If one of these two conditions are met, the buffer is full.
    You set MB to 0, so there won't be a buffer.

Read it like: Record 120 seconds into the buffer, or until 0MB are used.

So calculate a bit how much MB you need for 1 second (or minute) and then extrapolate it for your desired 120 seconds.

3. justaproblem

justaproblem Guest

GPU:
    idk
    0 means unlimited

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    did you test it setting a real amount of MB instead of 0?

Does your problem persist, if you set it to 10240Mb?

5. justaproblem

justaproblem Guest

GPU:
    idk
    Still having issues. For example I was prerecording a game, then saved the last bit. 30 minutes wanted to save another bit but pressing record button did nothing (OSD was stuck at BUF). The FPS dropped though as if it was recording. Had to alt-tab and kill AF.

40 minutes after I finished the game I noticed my CPU temp is higher than usual, check task manager and encoding server is using 30% CPU.