Nokia Lumia 730 hotspot issues:solved

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by anticupidon, Nov 14, 2014.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Hi gents!
    To whom it may concern.
    Bought a new Lumia 730 dual sim unlocked from Amazon.
    Everything went butter smooth until one day I had to activate tethering or hotspot on this smartphone .
    Well nothing worked.I slided the button in internet sharing but no.
    Checked every settings put everything on paper to be sure that nothing is missing or misconfigured.
    Still no.
    For me it is s basic feature for today's smartphones,I was annoyed.
    Worse, googling around found that was a old bug in the Lumias history book.
    Well, finally found a solution and it worked.
    Downloaded Nokia Recovery Tool.Made a back up of everything minus the app settings to start from scratch
    Plugged in my smartphone,chooses automatically the latest international firmware.
    Flashed the device rebooted.
    What I found .
    My smartphone was bought from Amazon and it seems it was for German market it had the Lumia RM 730-DE tag
    Even after flashing it carried the same tag ,but different firmware version.
    Well tethering was solved I can easily turn it on and off.
    Maybe I didn't provide sufficient data in a academic way,but it worked and I hope that someone will use this and solve this annoying bug.
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. FearFactory

FearFactory Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    Thanks for sharing it! im about to order that phone from Amazon.co.uk. I haven't found a review yet but it seems a good choice

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    it is a solid phone for its price tag.
    really happy with
    my purchase, apart from a single android ap, i miss nothing.
    downloaded the WP app studio,will start to code my own app.
    i can honestly say,that every person saw this smartphone was impressed,altough almost no one figured out that is a Windos phone and not Android.
    And best thing was today ,when i found out that every Lumia will get Windows 10.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Whenever MS finally releases WP10....

5. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I don't think it will be windows "phone" anymore, just windows 10, for every smart device

as for the hotspot issue, you could've fixed it by downloading "access point" and letting it auto configure your APN settings

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I downloaded acces point but for me it didn't work.Every time tried to open the app it wouldn't work.
    Thus the more radical approach.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im kinda looking at 735 model. How does it feel in the hand or pocket, small enough?

Im asking because I had my first Smartphone 5" with 142mm and that was just too big to carry it normally in jeans pockets..

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I will try to give some honest impressions.
    Coming from a HTC ONE S 4'5 and handling the Lumia 730 was a smooth transitions.However the square design of the edges can be a pain in the pocket .
    Feels very light in hand and a bit slippery, and i have the grey mate model.The glossy ones are even more slippery.
    I ' ve put side by side The Lumia the HTC and a Huawey 5' dunno what model .
    That '5 and wider screen of the Huawey felt akward to handle, by me.For shure , there are people with no problem in handling even bigger phones, but 4'5-4'7 is suitable for a firm grip and comfortable in hand and still offering enough screen size .

If you can try the phone before hand , it will even a better way to decide
    I bought it and i hoped that i did the right thing, because no brick and mortar has it for sale, allowing me to try it before actually buying it.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    anticupidon, I know this is OT for this thread, but have you experienced any texting issues with your phone? My wife has my old N5 and I regularly miss texts from her. We've had to switch to FB messenger to text each other.

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    You mean texting by SMS or Whatsapp?
    Well i use SMS very little ,but until now i never missed any , no issues here.
    Also,Whatsapp works ,no lost messages here.
    Maybe i am lucky or maybe never happened to my phone until now.
    It works as it supposed to work.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Been trying to figure out what's going on. Not sure if it's my phone, carrier or what. I changed a setting for MMS last night so hopefully it'll work right now. It's the second Windows Phone I've had and both have had this issue. Starting to think it's just my luck with Windows Phones.

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    it may be the SIM card, had a similar problem with a N97, I was able to send messages but only messages coming from the operator or people on the same network were reaching me, also the menus on the dialpad didn't work, everything arrived on sms, then when I decided to give it to my gf and bought a new sim card everything worked flawlessly, they will most likely tell you its your phone's fault, because they cant see anything wrong on their end, and they wont accept the possibility of a bad sim card, not configured properly or something like that, I asked them a few times to let my try another SIM and it was always no-no lol

anyway, LTE has been a relief, data only, no bs, now I can tell people; oh sry my phone is on LTE, call me on Skype if you wish

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So far it seems to be working. I've had issues receiving texts for little over a week. What carrier the text originated from didn't seem to make a difference. My wife and I are both on T-Mo and I wasn't receiving texts from her.

Funny enough though, my N4 was receiving texts from her even without a SIM card installed.... I spent a few hours flashing the N4 with Lollipop the other night and when it finally booted back into Android, it loaded all the text messages I had missed from my wife. Hangouts on Android appears to work similar to BBM now.