Old PC making Samsung go on standby

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Chromanin, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Chromanin

Chromanin New Member

Hey, I'm a new member, nice to meet you all.

In any case, off to the question. I traded my powerfull PC for a little DELL AMD2800XP. Family pressure.

When I connect it to the Samsung LE37R81, I get a standby image. It seems like the Samsung gets a standby signal, I have seen the image of my desktop flash once however so I'm sure the signal's actually arriving. I also tested my other PC, 6800GT, works just fine with that, no problem. You can see the Samsung adjusting the resolutions etc.

The culprit seems to be the integrated Intel 82845G graphical unit that's in my dell. I've tried updating the drivers but no go, the bios is lacking in all options and is factually useless. My only hope would be to force the signal through external programs.

I have now downloaded Rivatuner and Powerstrip, I dont think Powerstrip has the necessairy options, but Rivatuner is too complex for me.

Can anyone verify it's actually the force signal switch I need and where to find this option in Rivatuner or if possible Powerstrip?

Thanks,
    Christoffel

2. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    that might actually be your lcd. try another monitor on the videocard, if you get video then it is your LCD. if you do not get video it may be your videocard overheating/something or other.

3. Chromanin

Chromanin New Member

Ah, nono, that has been verified.

I'm actually using the computer right now on an 19" monitor.

It's probably a compatibility issue between the LCD and the computer. What I need to do now is make the computer compatible with the Samsung, as the LCD has no detailed options I can access.

4. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Try naming the source input you are using to "PC"... where it says "edit name" in the input menu of the TV.

My samsung TV goes into a kind of 'monitor mode' when you do this...and does any resolutions thrown at it. Plus the picture sharpens up and all the internal processing is turned off to speed the response time etc.

5. Chromanin

Chromanin New Member

Ah, that has also already been done.

6. nashdm2

nashdm2 New Member

Chromanin,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this.

I have exact;y the same issues, with a Dell PC working to the Samsung LCD TV. I have proved the problem to the on board graphics of the Dell PC.

How did you get over it please?

Thanks, Dave

7. Chromanin

Chromanin New Member

Unfortunately, I never solved the problem. I have since bought another computer and that one does work on my Samsung HDTV.